My CLYW Round 2 Entry

Hope you like it!

you make the best videos and ideas
hope you win

1 Like

Great vid. It was so original. I personally like what you did with the green shirt. Normally green screens are used to emulate a background, but seeing it used to bring emphasis onto an object in the foreground was so cool. :smiley:

1 Like

That was DOPE!!!

1 Like

Nice Job G!

Some cool tricks too! great to see the family get involved, excellent!

1 Like

The baby is the one that really loves yoyo. Right from the first time he grabbed one of mine he was throwing it all around. My older kid loves it, too. Can name all my different models and is working on his sleeper. :wink:

Wife taught herself to bind one day without me around at all. She just grabbed one of my yoyos and did it one day.

Yeah. They’re cool. :slight_smile:

You are too cool man!

1 Like

Loved the video. So much fun and very well done.

1 Like

That was amazing.

1 Like

What is the trick you did on your finger when you were outside you do it so smooth and you do it great.seriously

1 Like

Fingerspin with whipping bind. Thanks for the kind words! :slight_smile:

That was awesome! Man, everyone has stepped up their game so well for this contest.

Had me smiling the whole way through, especially the scene where your wife sends you outside, gave me a good giggle.

Job well done, best of luck with the contest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

you are
AMAZING
my favorite part is when the little baby is holding 2 yoyos :wink: :smiley:
How do you get so many great ideas

1 Like

It’s not easy. I spent the first week after Round 1 just going, “NOW what do I do?” and brewing ideas around in my head. At first I had none, but as the date grew closer I had about 4 distinct ideas. Then as I started assembling clips, the final idea emerged pretty much by itself.

Funny, though, if they had left the theme “carte blanche,” I already had an idea primed to go. As soon as they said that the second video should show what you love about yoyoing, that initial idea was scrapped. :wink:

So yeah. I can’t lie and say that ideas are the easy part. They’re the very hard part. Editing is no joke either, but ideas are the most important part. I actually had a “better” ending, but 1:30 just wasn’t enough time. I was going to be passed out on the couch from all the yoyoing, and wake up just long enough to hang the Puffin back up on its hook, ready for the next day. Everything full circle! Bam! But yeah. I was unwilling to trim any of the other sections back more than they had already been trimmed.

Also on the cutting room floor: the CLYW pickaxes overlaying my blue plaid shirt from round 1. The blue plaid shirt perks up and scoots off or something. No time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love your style you should start making tutorials for clyw or one drop

awesome vid loved what you did with the green shirt

1 Like

U r the best

1 Like

Thanks man! I have done a few mini-tutorials already. More like “supplemental” pieces when existing tutorials weren’t quite enough. I do plan on doing more, but I’ll probably just do them under my own banner. :wink: I have a handful of “grind-to-bind” tricks that I want to collect into one tutorial video… been meaning to do it, but the CLYW videos took first priority.

Speaking of which, the winner was announced! It wasn’t me, but man… some GREAT entries, so I don’t feel at all upset, y’know? It’s more like, “Darn right those videos deserve recognition!!”

You can check it out over at CLYW’s blog. Not sure if I’m allowed to link over there now, but it’ll be easy to find.

Whoa!!! Amazing video man, I’m speechless haha

1 Like

How many rounds are there I think you will pass because of the idea :slight_smile: