My 1A Final from ANTE (A different sort of freestyle)

Hi All!
I competed in ANTE’s 1A division this year with a goal in mind: I wanted to showcase a final that disregarded clicker norms and instead focused on unique concepts and movement based tricks. Unfortunately, my prelim wasn’t enough to make the cut (as meta tricks are honestly extremely difficult for me to land at all) but I’m happy I get to showcase what I had planned for you all. While this freestyle may only score a couple points in the contest setting, I hope you all can enjoy it for what it is and take some ideas for yourself.

Much love!

J

23 Likes

I think it’s safe to say you achieved your goal, truly unique and really enjoyable to watch.

1 Like

Bravo. Very fun looking tricks. Not well versed on scoreing contest but style is important for me.

1 Like

Very awesome routine just on it’s own. Thank you for taking that step and putting it out there.

1 Like

That was just fascinating to watch. I prefer the liquid flow and grand movements of both yo-yo and string that you express here as opposed to the way I see many routines go so fast that I can’t enjoy the motion of it. This looks artistic and captivating and I thank you for sharing.

1 Like