Must have throws for collectors thread

Like I don’t even know which throw should go in the classic fixed axle spot since there were many made but am sure there had to be one that took off more than others. It could be a very simple throw and am almost positive it is but since I don’t have the knowledge I can’t put one in that position.

For instance. I bought a hand made wooden throw today at the farmers market and the elderly man started explaining to me how it worked. Then I said this isn’t for me to play with but for my collection. Then he said oh so you know what you’re doing and I just winked at him and pulled my chief out of my pocket to show him that I carry a throw at all times. He said oh is that a Duncan. That was just one more reason I think a Duncan design should fit that category of classic fixed axle. But was there a certain design that every other manufacture quickly copied or was there another brand that made the leap causing others to follow suit.

Just from guessing most people have heard of Duncan when associating throws back to that fixed axle era but was there another yoyo that should be recognized. Any and all thoughts on this one as well as the other categories are greatly appreciated.

I may should have made different threads for each category after tracking down the most popular opinion.

Duncan/playmaxx cold fusion.

Just a quick google on that one makes it very interesting for sure!! Thank you!

For a Duncan Fixed Axle, get a Butterfly and Imperial. These are the throws that started it all.

Just the $3 ones from Walmart? I have them and figured they were pretty close to the original designs but didnt know for sure.