Museum of Yo-Yo History

Hey friends, didn’t see anything recent on this so just thought I’d mention it! I’m sure the majority of you have seen and been on this site many a times, but for those of you relatively new to the hobby or maybe just didn’t even know it existed like me, this is a great website to brush up on your yoyo history and learn some stuff! I’ve been poking through it this morning at work and I’ve already learned quite a bit.

18 Likes

Dave Hall is the main gentleman who runs the site. He was the owner of Daves Skill Toys. He lurks around here at times!

7 Likes

Is that the same Dave in Uncle Steve’s podcast?

1 Like

The latest content in the museum is from 2014…. Here is an updated effort

5 Likes

This website is extremely good for historically important yoyos, I love it. I’ve used it for docs.

6 Likes

The museum is still added to regularly, @rickbr is the main guy keeping the exhibits coming.

9 Likes

Thanks! I stand corrected. I do see newer content.

I was going off some info on an older thread.

4 Likes

No worries at all I’m glad you included that one as well cuz I didn’t know!

1 Like

We appreciate the mention. Thank you! As of today, the museum has 4,021 exhibits (some still waiting approval). Lots of great material in there right now from a wide variety of folks. Many with interesting stories. And, lots of great material still coming, too. But it all takes time. Grahame (Chimera), the developer behind the site, has been kind enough to host the museum all these years and he’s the guy managing the backend and repository of images. He deserves a big thank you. Basically, all of us stay quiet, behind the scenes and let the exhibits do the talking.

Dave still pokes around in the museum on occasion. I keep trying to convince him to add more exhibits but life has taken him down a different path right now. He has some wonderful, historical items.

Thanks for visiting the [POP-UP FREE/ANNOYING AD FREE] museum. Enjoy!

Rick
(and thanks Matt)

15 Likes

Theres no Spinworthy on there.:pensive:

4 Likes

Definitely need to change that! Your yo-yos are a huge part of this community.

2 Likes

Omfg the Pikachu roulette yoyo

4 Likes

You’re in my database. I actually have all the aluminum RBC colors (except green). But their exhibits are about a year out. I’ll have to expedite their creation.

By the way, do you still have me down for a maple RBC? I was going to send you the money but you told me to wait until you made it. I’ve attempted to buy other models from you in the past but my timing was poor.

8 Likes

Yyj doc was good and helpful to help me learn some yoyo history. Thanks for making that one

6 Likes

I believe I do. The list is very long though and I haven’t managed to get out tonthe workshop for a while.

If you’re on my list, I will get to you eventually!

4 Likes

Crazy! I just noticed this site seems to be blank now. We are losing so many reference tools for our community. :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

1 Like

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s temporarily cleared to be rebuilt or redesigned, or if it’s actually just randomly gone

1 Like

Hopefully it comes back. The photos on that site were super good. Even some 360 degree views. I really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

worst case you can use the waybackmachine site for viewing point in time snapshots of the site.

3 Likes