Mountain bikers

I’m Doug, nice to meet ya! And I’m defiantly down, I try to ride every Sunday and go every other chance I get

Nice to meet you Doug. We will roll sometime for sure.

For everyone. Here is an interesting article I thought I would share with y’all, especially you skitrz. Watch it if y’all want, but I thought it was awesome and very interesting.

quote author=Mrjackthepoodle
Dave, that red Watson is sweet. Looks like you have some nice bikes in the background too. Do you ride DH at all?

I used to dabble in the DH.
I raced collegiately (ECCC) to pick up some extra points towards my overall total.
I was terrible.
I have since sold off my DH bike, but kept the pads…

[tr]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/Fat01_zpswwgqsrrr.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]

About as old school as it gets (Note bottom mounted rear U-brake). My 1988, or ’89 Wicked Fat Chance 18”; True Temper Cromoly Steel; DeoreXT. I have a Manitou II fork I put on for extended single-track or descent. I think it might have 2.5" of travel. Right now I use it for road/occasional single-track mostly, so I use the original energy-saving rigid fork. The rock-Ring is a hold-over from my days living and commuting in downtown Chicago. The curbs had a reputation of taking teeth out of expensive DeoreXT Cranks. Now it chews over the logs that CycleCross guys put across their trails in Forrest Park. My Rock-Ring’s edge looks like its played 3A for ten years.

I used to race this back in the day. I played soccer at college and road MTB in the summer with my cousins in Colorado and San Francisco CA to keep in shape (Oh yeah; the Canyon Rd out of Boulder up to Nederlin; Crested Butte;Telluride; Mt Tam and Moab…). I sucked at the riding part. I was always getting passed on the descents. But when I had to throw it on my shoulder and run; I was beast :slight_smile:

I did, however, wipe off the mud on the Wicked Fat Chance logo so you guys could see :slight_smile:

Dirty mountain bike, clean mountain bike, it’s hard to say which I appreciate more. I must say I like getting them dirty more than cleaning them. :slight_smile:

Yoyo geezer I love that you rock that bike. Dirty bikes are so pretty. You must be pretty badd to be riding down them slopes all rigid. ( and by bad I mean good) I have to admit I’ve never seen a bottom u brake. Ima post a pic of my bike here soon because y’all are postin your bikes.

[tr]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/FatMe_zpsebgdkhhe.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
The Boys playing in the mud!
[/td][/tr]

The bike is dirty because I was too cold to hose it off the last time I went riding. The ground is so soft right now that suspension is just not necessary. The last time, my kids got a kick out of watching dad do a header into the mud. My front wheel sunk into a puddle up to the dropouts; I went right over the bars and face-planted in the muck. I looked pretty much like the bike. Here is a picture my oldest took while I tried to spit the mud out and warm-up with some dry gloves (that is why they are clean). No matter how old you get, mud pies still taste the same.

They were joking that if I was on a 29’er like they ride, I would have never gone in… wretched children.

This photo was taken in beautiful Forrest Park; Portland Oregon. This huge forrest park and trails are just about a half a mile from my house. Lots of single-track; fire roads, power lines and old logging roads.

Happy Trails.

I mountain bike every day during the summer but I have no idea what bike I have. I know it’s a Kona though. I love it.

My dad is a huge niner fan. I mostly ride his old one nine and his RIP 9 RDO that he built. I wanna get into DJ but there aren’t really any jumps in my area.

Skitrz,
We’re riding a lot of the same places. I live in Durango. Crazy finding someone on here so close.

So many great rides here its hard to keep your bike clean. Dirty is the way to go.