Motion Centrifugal: I need to grow into this yo

Visually speaking this is probably the most bespoke yoyo I have ever held (I have now satisfied my urge to use a fancy word today). It looks appealing.

It is appealing.

On the first few throws I admittedly stumbled around a lot with it. I noticed that it was very fast and extremely sensitive to user input, to the point I began realizing that I make a lot of unnecessary movements in yoing that detract from my own performance.

As I’ve been working with it and getting my own body movememts to be more disciplined the yoyo has begun to shine more and more. Full disclosure- you will not find a faster yoyo than this. As mentioned before, it is also very touchy. For those who are adept at making fine motions needed for tricks this is a huge boon. For those who are new to a trick or yoyoing in general this will likely be a turn-off as it will really exacerbate mistakes on the yoer’s part. This is in no way caused by the yoyo itself. If you fail to land anything it is most assuredly your fault. Stability is amazing as well, with very little tendency to precess accidentally or during brief moments of off-axis torque (in plain English I mean that so long as you don’t keep it in a flop-type position for too long it won’t flinch in the slightest. You really have to be sure you want it to flop for it to flop). Power, although nowhere near the level of my Valkyrie or M+, is not lacking in the slightest.

All in all, I will fully disclose that 3/4 of a year of yoyoing, even if I feel that I have made unusually good progress in those 9 months, is not enough to completely appreciate this yoyo. That being said I can say that the craftsmanship is impeccable, it is still an amazing experience to play, and I am glad that I got the chance to try this out, even if I only have 1 more week with it. I intend to make the most of that week.

Ben’s Alphabetcular Rating: It’s complicated. For where I’m at with my own current skills, I would give it an A due to being kinda hard to access. However, I feel an SS is still deserved because of how easy it is to tell what it is capable of in more capable hands. That and it’s gorgeous.
So… SS? Just make sure you know what you’re doing or else the yo will make you look a fool.

9 Likes

@JEA86 This is my full detail of how I feel about the Centrifugal. Great job! Just wish I was better so I could get more out of it. Either way people need to buy your stuff.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this - I appreciate the feedback and stoked you got the opportunity to give it it go!

5 Likes

Looks great too. Rainbow rims always look good.

4 Likes