Most Well Rounded in the Yo-Yo Industry?

I think everyone just pulled the words out of my mouth. What else can I say? :]

don’t forget Yukki, he is the best 2A player ever existed… no wraps, just pure butter-smooth loops, unbelievable kuru-kuru loops and cows, and looks like he did it so easily… even Shinji’s loop doesn’t match his. The guy who shows the world that two handed looping is really about loops, and there are so many possibilities beyond the basic looping.
I really wished I could meet him someday, but it’s no longer possible…

Well, for most well rounded, andre is an obvious choice, but I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned josh yee. In my opinion he trumps andre for diversity.

Yoshi, hand down. That guy is a beast at every devision.

What are kuru-kuru loops/cows? O: I’m pretty curious about that.
Yeah, it’d be soo great to meet a 2A legend but he had to go too soon. ='/

Kuru-kuru is when you’re doing milk the cow or loops but your hands goes over one each other… it looks like if you’re good at loops/cows, kuru-kuru seems to be easy… no
It’s still impossible for me…
he did it a lot here:

Drew Tetz.
Guy Wright.
Chuck.

Tell me more, you think so as a player, or in the business part of the industry…teaching? I don’t know a lot about him so fill me in… I read a bit on yoyo wiki, but not much on there about him, just stuff he’s done as a player…no teaching, judging, signature throws and such…

Maybe it was said here?

Well rounded as a player and community involvement type stuff…got it. I think Andre should be Grand Master now. I saw the resumes of the other Grand Masters and he fits right in to me. What is holding it back I wonder…his age?

When I had seen this thread, I was confused because when I think of the term “Well-rounded” I specifically think of the player side over anything to do with community and or business related. So I am confused of the context.

Two players that I personally believe are well rounded as far as being a player go is:

Grant Johnson of Yoyojam and Connor Sholten. Both players happen to be very well for each individual main style of throwing. At MWR I specifically had a conversation with AJ about this and he said about Grant finally choosing to focus on one specific style which seems to be 2a now.

Also: Thanks above for the person that mentioned me. I’m humbled to be included in that list of people. I’ll keep working hard somehow.

~Z

i was confused as well. my first thought was josh yee, since he does every major style, and does them well.

Grant Johnson is quite a guy with Talent. Maybe we should also add John Narum, being able to add parkour rolls. Also Ben Conde’s innovation in 4A. Grant and Ben also kinda set up standards for being a yo-yoer “performer” in pro freestyles.

Also, you’re very welcome Zammy

I could tell that some people weren’t sure so I tried to list that earlier “music” hypothetical for a clear example. I wasn’t just talking about the player side, but someone who has done more than just “play” although that in and of itself can be very, very diverse and contribute to yo-yoing in general. I’m more interested in people who have not just played, but tackled it on a business level too…industry stuff, also teaching, charitable contributions…, they may mod yo-yos and excelled at that…just anything besides being “a player” in the industry. Andre is an amazing player, but he designed a fantastic throw…several, helped sell a ton of them, taught countless people how to yo-yo as a teacher and he is loved for that, he is a renowned judge at competitions, and he has his very successful store and brand in YYE. He has excelled at tackling yo-yoing at all those angles he has tried. He hasn’t just done a lot of different things, but he has done them all extremely well…been successful at it. So I’m not just talking about the player side, but someone who has done more than that. I hope it is clearer…probably more in my own head than in the post lol.

I will re-post the hypothetical here cause I think it helps:

"Just a hypothetical. It would be like a guy who is a music artist and played in a band where his skills got a lot of attention, he went on to start a solo career and recorded records achieving high sales, he was successful at that, then began teaching at a music college where he was well regarded and inspired so many other musicians. Then he started his own record label that is very successful,and became a world renowned music critic and judge at music competitions.

I think that guy in the industry of yo-yoing is Andre and I can’t think of many who have played all those angles and done so well at it. Just like the guy in the hypo lives and breathes music…Andre seems to live and breathe the yo-yo stuff. His career has taken such a natural progression…and he’s still a young man. I just can’t imagine with all the life he has left what he will do next…I can’t wait to see. Of all the names above, I respect all the contributions, but well rounded, they have to do a lot of different things in the same industry."

I wrote the above earlier. If anyone has anymore names that compare to something like that…please post. There are a ton of “who is your favorite player” threads, and “who plays the most styles” threads…or player threads in general. I want to hear about other stuff people do besides play in yo-yoing. But not even just interested in that, but who has done a lot and excelled at all of it. Thanks…good stuff so far.

The Kido brothers cover a lot of ground outside of just competing, though they both seem to compete more than judge, like Andre does now.

Interesting that Andre, JD and Mickey all came out of Yoyojam, all are so well rounded and have started significant ventures.

If I had been asked this question 3-4 years ago Pat Cuartero would have been high on my list, too.

Kentaro kimura anyone? He revolutionized 3a and made his own company.

Good point. Wonder why?
A. Friendly competition?
B. YoyoJam involves their players more in the business so they can learn and encourages them to be entrepreneurs.
C. Coincidence.
D. All of the above.
No…seriously…good point, but I do wonder.