Most generous bst package?

What is the most generous bst purchase you have received? Tell us what it was and who sent it! If you can add pictures. Mine is from @Durfee , I bought a shutter and he gave me a free hayabusa without me even knowing!

12 Likes

Oooh I like this! Mine was deffo @AaronW for the recent purchase. He threw in a bunch of fixies Iā€™m stoked to have in my collection! Also @Glenacius_K every transaction with him is great and heā€™s very generous with add ons n such!

9 Likes

@twitch77 gave me an N12, and some string a nerf gun and bullets, :joy: and a counterweight a rubberband rocket thing that shot into the air, a mechanical pen, and a notebook, it was awesome!

and @nothingfaced gave me two extra yoyos for free. :smiley:

11 Likes

Wow

3 Likes

Mine was with my first BST activity on here - bought the yoyo I had been looking for - One Drop Dietz. As it was getting shipped out, I was informed that 2 extra sets of side effects were being included, including a set that I was going to rob from one of my yoyos to put on it. That yoyo was now safe and got to keep its spikes :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I traded with @Grendel, he threw in a little US made vintage steel tape measure called a ā€œLittle Palā€. Itā€™s come in very handy when I need to measure something small in inches!

5 Likes

I heard that @yoyodoc shipped a free shutter wide angle, aluminium dream, North Star and some strings for free with a yoyo purchase on BST. I think that was super generous.

But so far I think @ryanmcg takes the ticket for sending @twitch77 a free Banshee SS as a surprise gift. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to figure out wtf happened haha. The shock of opening that freaking box :flushed: lol holy hell man! What a rush!

3 Likes

Also, my mom use to send out random care packages to people. Sheā€™d throw all sorts of cute little things into the boxes and ship them outā€¦just to be nice.
Itā€™s a thing I truly enjoy carrying on in her absence.

4 Likes

I canā€™t say who it was from but I got a mint sovereign, project, and dingo all for $270 shipped plus a bunch of custom string that turned out to be my favorite.

4 Likes

I can top that. I bought several very expensive yoyos.

And had them sent directly to me.

I was so happy I actually gave myself some string just to show how grateful I wasšŸ¤“

By the wayā€¦ It was the guys Birthday and he didnā€™t ask me for a thing. I just thought I would give him a few different shapes and styles to get a better idea of what he might like to throw.

Right now I am in the process of selling a RSO Mini Bowl to one of the guys because he hasnā€™t been able to find one. I love the thing. But I happen to have 2. I think 2 people ā€˜happyā€™ is better than one person ā€˜happyā€™.

I never thought about this helping out thing was a Nice Guy Competition?

ā€¦We pretty much all take turns helping each other out; last I checked.

Itā€™s just the way of yo from those that throw.

A footnote on that imageā€¦ Many years ago at Nationals, I was talking with Bob Malowney.(Promoter of Nats/And houses the National Yoyo Museum in his Bird in Hand Store).
He hit on the topic of noticing I was always seeming to help others with various yoyo related ā€˜thingsā€™. He noticed I wasnā€™t trying to make a buck. I just was eager to help others that had questions I might be able to answer?

He asked me, ā€˜Mo, what keeps you enthusiasm and motivation goingā€™?

I replied, ā€˜I just want to help ā€˜Keep Yoin Goinā€™.

The next day, I was in Bird in Hand, doing a little shopping. I wasnā€™t at the register in the back by the yoyo sales area. I was at the register in the middle of the store, looking at all the amazing pins and such. All of a sudden my eyes locked on to a tree of buttons. And one of them was the one in the above image. I just shook my headā€¦ thinking that I said that(first) and here it is on a Button already for sale in a Store 500 miles from my housešŸ˜³

I told the girl, ā€˜Iā€™ll buy 2 of theseā€™. With perfectly coincidental timing, Bob walks up to the counter and says, ā€˜Heya Mo, there you are. Did you find something coolā€™?

I told him I was amazed at the button saying the same exact thing I had just mentioned the day before.

He laughed and said he was glad I liked it. He said he liked it so much that after I said it; he went down to the Print Shop. And asked them to make a bunch of them for the Store, ASAP.

I must have smiled for the next 4 hours, lol.

How cool is that. You say something to somebody and the very next day you have a 3D version of it?

True storyā€¦

15 Likes

The kindness of this community has been amazing.

When I first joined I was putting together a green/orange Deep State I wanted to make in memory of my mom. Someone sent me an orange Deep State for very cheap to help outā€¦then someone here on these forums sent me some red flat Side Effects to help me complete the throwā€¦wouldnā€™t even let me pay him for shipping.

I once bought a freehand mini from @egon for super cheapā€¦and he threw in a set of Thumb chucks (that light up with a green light!!! haha) just to be awesome. I love those thumb chucks and still pick them up quite a bit all these months later!

And just this month he randomly sent me a message letting me know he was cleaning his office and had a couple of throws heā€™d like to send my way! I love them! Especially the Satalite! Itā€™s 50+ years old! How neat!!

Bought a SF SF from @TheThrowingGnome onceā€¦and not only did he give me a great deal on the yo, but he threw in a ton of cool extras too! A green replay, some cool pouches, a yoyo stand, some nice strings (Airetics! :heart:). What a cool guy! I /bro luv TheGnomes!

@GoYoYuRu sent me a pair of orange Side Effectsā€¦againā€¦he didnā€™t even ask me to pay him shipping. Freaking awesome :heart:

@fatguysnacks247 knew I was wanting to trade my orange Moonshine for a green oneā€¦so he went out of his way to trade for a green one so that he could then trade that green to me. But then he threw in a ton of fun extras including some green candies! haha :green_heart:

@gregoryfromearth has sent me 4 stands for my yo-yos. 3 of them are wooden and custom made to fit my Deep States, and one of them in green and was made with a 3d printer to fit my Banshee (just happens to fit my Masamini perfectly too!). He even customized one of the wooden stands I use to hold my momā€™s Deep State with the words "Love You Momā€™ bunt into it. Itā€™s very touching and I love Greg for all heā€™s done for me.

I did a ā€˜Christmas in Julyā€™ gift exchange last Julyā€¦and the guy who pulled my name was amazing! He completely nailed it! :smiley: I LOVE the throw he threw in (a green One Drop Gauntletā€¦what a fantastic organic!!)ā€¦and he threw in all sorts of fun goodies to go along with it!

Just this month @FrankieJR hooked me up with a great price on a little dream green Iā€™ve been wanting (a Masamini) and threw in an awesome wooden knot picker (holy cow itā€™s SO much better than the toothpicks Iā€™ve been using!) and a cool YYF multitool in green which Iā€™ve really been wanting to pick up but just never have.

When I first got into yoing a year ago I came across a picture of a Christmas themed Magicyoyo N12ā€¦and it instantly captured my heart. I wanted one SOOOO badly, but of course they were sold out everywhere. It became my most desired yo.
I posted about in on the forumsā€¦and @skarlath60 got a hold of me letting me know he had a brand new one still in the packageā€¦and the thing is, is he sold it to me for SUPER cheap. I canā€™t remember how much, but I think it was under $15 shipped. It was so amazing of him to do for me! Itā€™s still an absolute favorite throw of mineā€¦it floods me with so much nostalgia itā€™s not even funny! What a cool looking yoyo!

@PCaliyoyos has hooked me up with some of the nicest looking strings I own (including the red/white Candy Cane string on the N12 above). Thank you so much Peyton!

lucale on these forums sent me some of the best nylon strings Iā€™ve ever used :heart:

In December Jeremy at Rain City Skills (donā€™t know his yye screen name) did a contest on Facebook where all I had to do is leave a comment. I won!..and he asked if there was anything I was looking for. I asked if he had anything in green by chance. Omg he nailed it! Itā€™s a prototyple Author and I love this thing because it feels and plays like nothing else I have in my collection!
Threw in a bunch of goodies too!

Also in December @ryanmcg and MoonageMin (lol canā€™t link his user name as I can only link 10 people in my post!) totally hooked me up with a couple of throws I really wantedā€¦just never got around to picking up. One orange and one green. Damn I love these thingsā€¦a couple more throws that flood me with nostalgia!

Last month @AKYOYOMIKE sent me a pair of yo gloves just to be nice! Much better quality then I was expecting!

And yeahā€¦this happened. I was shakingā€¦lol my arms were all rubber. There was a lump in my throat I was so damn near tears.
ryanmcg has been an incredible friend to me over the monthsā€¦and he sent me this beast of a thing. It still makes no sense to me! haha WTF? >.<ā€™

And I know thereā€™s some Iā€™m missing hereā€¦and I feel really guilty for not remembering them off the top of my head :frowning:.
But seriouslyā€¦this community has been so incredibly kind to me. Over and over again.
I try to pay it forward when I canā€¦but holy heck, I can never pay back all the kindness Iā€™ve been given.

Love you guys! Thank you all SO much!
:green_heart:

18 Likes

your welcome! it was no trouble at all, iā€™m glad i made the list.:joy:

8 Likes

mad love for you @twitch77

8 Likes

Tons of respect for you doc.

And this has been my experience with this community.
Weā€™re just a bunch of enthusiastic people who love this hobby and are eager to share that enthusiasm with others.

6 Likes

Here are a few screensavers for you Twitch >

Two powder coated Cold fusions>

11 Likes

Cold Fusions are one of the coolest looking yos ever made IMHOā€¦and these are absolutely stunning!Holy hell man
Did you coat these yourself? Absolutely masterfully done!

I bought a couple Duncan yoyos from Twitch77. He sent me a free USPS box with my order. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Damn good box it was too!
Kinda regret sending it to you tbh. I miss that thing! :frowning:

3 Likes

i consider every honest, successful bst generous. every positive interaction, whether a ā€˜dealā€™ is sealed or not, an opportunity to be generousā€¦ in spirit, conversation, informationā€¦ whatever. iā€™ve received multiple generous bst packages from tons of you cats on hereā€¦ and tons of great relationshipsā€¦ danke!

6 Likes