MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Dope!!!

1 Like

Week #47. Dr Strange

This week I though we’d hit a trick currently being used in @Myk_Myk 's monthly trick remix contest.

He’s got two tricks for the remix, but I’m pretty confident we all know mach 5.

Here’s the OG @AndreBoulay teaching it

I’m hoping we can all get it down well enough to remix it for the contest.

6 Likes

Not a remix exactly… but i don’t have the creativity of some of those guys… maybe by the end of the month I’ll have something else. Either way i thought this was cool…

5 Likes

Think I have this weeks one down!!

5 Likes

Week #48: Grind Binds

Here is a collection of 5 grind binds we can work on this week to add some flash to the end of our tricks from @ChrysaeThrows.

9 Likes

Hey thanks for choosing one of my tuts! That’s one of the first ever tutorial I’ve made!

5 Likes

So i kind of got one of them which was really cool. Deff adds more variety and Flare into my combos. I also used a few of @ChrysaeThrows other elements that I’ve picked up in his tutorials.

5 Likes

I actually really enjoyed working on these! Still a bit sloppy and rough around the edges, but not bad for 2-3 hours total practice.

5 Likes

TaW #49 - Kieran Cooper Trick

Hey guys how are you all doing.
I’m meeting Kieran Cooper tomorrow in real life.

So I thought I would share a simple Kieran Cooper trick that would be a cool little element for us to add in to tricks.

9 Likes

How have you been? It’s been a little while.

1 Like

So this might be an elementary question but i don’t mind. Can anyone explain how he adds the extra wrap around the bearing right after the sub mount? That’s an element I’ve seen in a lot of tricks and i can never figure it out.

3 Likes

I really like this wrap and use it a lot, so I tried to explain it in a short video. I don’t think I’ve ever tried to film a tutorial or explanation before so I hope this is at least mildly comprehensible.

6 Likes

I filmed a vid to help ya and when I came back @mable has already made a tutorial :grin:. Here’s what I recorded. Now ya have two vids to help ya. Nice vid @mable !

Silly YouTube forced me to do a short cause my video was not long enough I guess :laughing:

5 Likes

Thank you @mable and @CPC those where great tutorials. I’ll try to get this one down by Friday.

Edit… thanks to you two i actually figured this out today! Now to smooth it out. Thanks TaW family!

5 Likes

I got it!! This is the first time I attempted a TaW but I saw you did Nagao Hops and I have tried that trick and this one is a lot easier!!!

5 Likes

I have been well thanks!

I must admit haven’t thrown yoyos properly for a while.
But today’s meet got my motivation going again.

Met Kieran Cooper today, that was so cool.
He recorded a trick for us to learn today, will post next TaW!

15 Likes

“Daddy can we watch TV if you play yoyo?”
Seems like a fair deal.
Thanks again for the tutorials.

11 Likes

Not the prettiest upside down GT, but I’ll count this as a success :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Happy Friday. Hope everyone had a great week.
I had a few tutorials in mind for this week so i hope you guys enjoy this silly one i settled on. Shouldn’t take too much time for you expert Trick-a-Weekers but i thought its a very diffrent look for a trick so here we go… The Jersey Slide!

8 Likes

Here’s my Jersey Slide combo… learned houdini tower this week as well and they work really well together.

4 Likes