MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Did a little bit of catch up filming this evening. Here’s last weeks trick

And here’s some 4A! Im finally start to feel a little more comfortable with the style

8 Likes

Week #44
4a Rolling Star

Simple and flashy, a nice way to round out Off-tober. I really enjoy this trick as it’s quite visually appealing.

Off-tober has been a blast, let’s get those Halloween stars flowing!!!

5 Likes

Awesome pick!

I do love me a good inverted triangle

3 Likes

I just learned this trick. First new trick I’ve learned in a minute. That was fun. Catching those slacks is still difficult for me—I think I throw them too fast most of the time.

3 Likes

Rolling star was another trick I already learned a while back, so I used this opportunity to practice my open string binds. This is a really satisfying little repeater though, it’s nice and easy, but it feels smooth and looks nice. I hope everybody else has been enjoying this opportunity to go outside and play 4A while enjoying the early autumn weather.

5 Likes

Ah nice love the trick

2 Likes

Week #45 Chia Pet

Welcome to a new month for TaW!!!

This week’s trick is one that’s had me working for a while. Ann is a great teacher and has fantastic tricks. I really enjoy the use of space involved with this trick.

If you need help, let me know how I can help.

As long as it’s not after the transition to the NTH elbow. I’m admittedly stumped at that point.

11 Likes

Nice, I’ve never learnt any tricks using the arm, so this’ll be a first.

3 Likes

My brain can’t figure out how to get these moves done… seems simple on the tutorial… but the moves are so foreign to my arms.
Very interesting trick to work on.

4 Likes

You could start with an easier one… I’m having the same experience as @AKYOYOMIKE with this trick.

2 Likes

Yeah i went back to the beginner arm tricks on yo tricks this weekend cause i stuck at them.

2 Likes

Using a longer string has been helping me on some of the steps.

1 Like

I’m struggling to get my head around it as well, the whole beginning bit feels quite unnatural…

4 Likes

I turned my body to face front style and that helped significantly with the double udemount over the nth index in the beginning.

2 Likes

The first over the arm is a lot easier if you can keep it flowing… keep the momentum going. It really is a funny feeling dimounting backwards with your NTH.

3 Likes

Getting there with it, but can’t make the first bit natural at all…50% of the time I’m catching a bind lol

4 Likes

Far from perfect, still struggling with various bits, but here’s my progress…

5 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Howdy y’all,

For week #46 we have a speed combo for you. Angelo does a great job breaking it down and I hope you enjoy giving it a try.

5 Likes

I actually was working on it a few times… honestly the whip to 1.5 in the beginning is the hardest element (in deff not going to land this this week) … oh yeah, that and his G’d like speed.
But I’ll aim for the rest of his combo.

3 Likes