MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

i lol’d.

that’s funny. hope it didn’t hurt!

kgb

1 Like

Super excited that everyone seems to be making great progress for Off-tober!!!

Between full work days and wacky Texas weather it’s been hard to get enough time in for myself, but it looks like I’ll finally get some good outside time in the next couple of days(my wife’s not keen on indoor 4a lol)

Tomorrow will be a offweek for Off-tober post, as @CPC will fill us in on some 1a. The week after I’ll be hitting us up with some fun and flashy 4a trick for sure!

3 Likes

In case yall were wondering, just finished a major work project installing 9x 16-17’ palms at the Tobin Center (music hall) in downtown San Antonio. The back of it runs along the River Walk.

8 Likes

Good morning all,

Though it is 4a Off-tober we will be including a couple 1a tricks to add some variety. This weeks trick comes from Lucas Decker. If you haven’t done a double slack, here is one that is not to hard with a very good explanation and view of the trick. If ya have any questions about a step I’ll try to be here to answer them and post helpful clips if needed. Have fun with this one!

9 Likes

For some reasons the link isn’t working for me… so i added it incase it’s not working foranyone else.

3 Likes

Mail carrier just made today

4a Friday.

Woot!

kgb

8 Likes

Ok, so I’ve started messing about with this trick and can get up to the bit where you need the slack to rotate around to catch for the red triangle… but I seem to keep losing the string in the throw rather than it staying outside for me to catch. Any tips from anyone?

EDIT - I’m also struggling to pop the yo-yo out of the ‘bow’ position.

1 Like

Make sure you bend your thumbs back closer to your body because you’re popping the yoyo out of the loop away from you, the closer your thumbs are to you the more space you have to pop it forward and out. It seems like you can also just do a little rejection to help you get out. For throwing the slack around the knee tip helps a lot. When you’re throwing the slack around try to have the entire pop of the yoyo just come from your knees. If you’ve played any 0A, it’s the same knee pop you perform (at least I do) for kickflips and for balance tricks. Hopefully some of that helps, I’m not great at the trick but I can land it pretty consistently.

2 Likes

@mable offered some good tips.

@MEJBelloz Would you possibly be able to do a video so I can better see what is happening?

2 Likes

So the biggest hurdle for me is the pop out… literally no matter what I do, it feels stuck in this position…

Can do the slack catch, just can’t get to that stage often.

1 Like

I’ll make a video this evening.

In this video I break hop from one side to the other into two motions. First the pop out, then the mount on opposite side. Practicing the hop by itself may help learn the motion. Once comfortable hop out, then practice the mount after. Then combine. Maybe think of it as popping out to the right instead of an up motion.

3 Likes

Thanks for this - clicking now.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Messy bind at the end, but cleanest I’ve hit it so far!

6 Likes

Nice!

Howdy y’all,

Here’s the second 4a trick for the month.

Week #43

5 Likes

Well this was a convenient trick a week for me. I’ve been working on this little combo and it ends in a backburner!

4 Likes

You’re freaking blowing my mind! Very impressive!

2 Likes

@mable That’s awesome!

2 Likes