MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

I’m sure in theory you can use any yoyo, but a “4A” will make it easier. As for missing a week… that’s nonsense… we have 39 weeks for you to catch up with :wink:. Honestly do what feels right. We are happy to have you join us.

4 Likes

First week I get involved and it’s the limited 4A stuff I already know lol

2 Likes

No worries, I’m gonna do a little more complex trick for us mid week.

Some of the crew need to kick it off slow, so we’re just starting here.

As @AKYOYOMIKE said, our back louge is deep, take a pick in the meantime.

3 Likes

Well the results are in and after about an hour of messing around with my Sage off string I think I’m starting to get decently consistent with just throwing and catching. Although binding still feels really weird. I also decided to go ahead and learn off string barrel rolls because I was having so much fun. This is the first time I’ve actually tried 4A, so once again thanks to the Trick-a-Week thread for making me have a ton of fun. I’m really excited to learn more.

Even if you don’t have an offstring yoyo I highly encourage you to give this week a chance!

5 Likes

That’s fantastic!!!

Holy smoke! That was impressive you’re a fast learner. i haven’t even attempted the forward throw yet? Your hiring that with a regular yoyo! Well done!

3 Likes

The forward throw (the one where you throw straight down then pop it up) still feels pretty hard. I’m not sure if there’s a trick for it other than just lots of practice with the timing. If you pull up too early the yoyo just binds back up, but if you pull up too late the yoyo barely pops up and immediately drops to the ground.

If any 4A experts have some tips for the forward throw I’d appreciate them too.

3 Likes

Yeah finally holiday! 4A on the beach, diving, family and good food. Punta Secca - southern Sicily.

12 Likes

If I get a chance to throw today I’ll run it to find good tips.

It’s def the harder pitch of the two. Stick with it @mable , you’re slaying it already!!

2 Likes

This gives me an excuse to pick up a 4A throw…:grin:

YYF Flight is incoming.

kgb

5 Likes

Good thinking! I did the same lol

4 Likes

This is all I got.

8 Likes

nice dude.

that’s a great start.

i hope i’m doing as well after 30 or so minutes.

kgb

2 Likes

Hopefully this will help somebody else out with this week, they’re in Japanese but if you just carefully watch and try to copy their form I think these videos are extremely helpful. They improved my throws a ton and you’ve got some basic tricks in this playlist to try out after you can catch and throw. I’ve been following along with all of the tutorials they have and 4A is quickly becoming the most exciting style for me.

7 Likes

Lol that was NOT meant to be a brag. I had some more 4a down during I wanna say… 4April? In 2018 on r/throwers. At that time it probably took me 3 days to get down what’s in that video, lol. Just getting the memory back today and finally getting a good take took 30 minutes.

3 Likes

Dope!!!

1 Like

My very basic 4A play in a cramped kitchen!

4 Likes

Best I’ve got are barrel rolls and some trampoline bounces (and a snap start), but I couldnt help but share this clip lol

6 Likes

Sums 4A up… mine dropped on my bare foot :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

I got my yoyo stuck in my hair the other day when I messed up a cross arm hop out of a recapture. It seems like trying not to hurt something is a common 4A experience lol.

6 Likes