MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Nice combo man! I think you could catch on in the shorts world with your train tricks :thinking:

3 Likes

Anyone had someone come up to ask if you can do the DNA or God Speed yet? :joy:

4 Likes

No. Thank God! I canā€™t do either. But i get walk the dog regularlyā€¦ a few times Iā€™ve been asked to rock the baby and one guy asked me if i could shoot the moon (this was my favorite cause he was the only guy to ever ask).

4 Likes

I got asked both recently. And I can barely do a DNA. Let alone ā€œgod speedā€ :joy:

3 Likes

Might dedicate 2022 to learning a speed combo just so I can do a ā€œGodspeedā€ :joy:

DNA (or Finger spin and Helix bind to use the correct terminology) I can just about do.

4 Likes

Yeah one kid came up to me a few weeks ago and told me if I could do the dna and then of course I showed him a dna but Iā€™m sooooo glad that he didnā€™t ask me to go Godspeed or worse Walkā€¦.theā€¦.dogā€¦ if that was the case I would probably run away acting like I have to leave or tell him that I canā€™t do the trick :joy:

3 Likes

Whatā€™s this Godspeed everyone keeps talking about?

3 Likes

Itā€™s just a tern for a speed combo at a really high speed but i donā€™t think itā€™s any specific combo.

3 Likes

Yeah just a speed combo. I guess itā€™s about time we learnt a rail combo

1 Like

People ask you to yo-yoā€¦ Iā€™ve never been brave enough as a 33 year old adult to bust my throw out lol

4 Likes

Just found this thread and am bookmarking it to learn all the tricks with you guys. I started last year in December, insane I couldnā€™t find this before. Good stuff! Iā€™m going through the Pineapple Catch right now, learned Magic Drop a while ago.

10 Likes

Welcome! I joined recently and itā€™s been extremely fun :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hey Alex also check out last years tricks too as a good starting place. Itā€™s linked on the first post of this thread.

2 Likes

Itā€™s daunting at first, but you soon realise literally no one gives a sheet and no one actually looks.
Everyone is so self absorbed, or on their phone they donā€™t really care and the only one who is feeling self conscious is actually just us. :grin:

I yoyo everywhere. Our resident Train thrower @AKYOYOMIKE would probably agree that people donā€™t really give you issues for yoyoing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll have to agree with @MoonageMin 99% of the time people enjoy whatever Iā€™m throwing, even if itā€™s just a very basic combo, if they are actually paying attention they are blown away.
I would also say 90% of the time no one is paying attention so when i land that awesome trick and look up at my adoring audience i realize i might a well be alone in my room, thankfully i didnā€™t miss my stop.
On rare occasion you spark a conversation with a stranger that used to yoyo 10 years ago or more and you make thier day, those are the moments i enjoy the most.

8 Likes

Great advice

Ps, does not apply to high school students :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s because in high school itā€™s your classmates that knows you, not strangers.

If I am throwing at the office of course people would look because they know me and are curious what Iā€™m doing. :man_shrugging:

I have nothing against throwing yo-yos at school, office etc. But do bear it mind that itā€™s pretty much asking for attention if you are doing something different in a crowd of people that knows you regardless of if that is school or whatever. If you donā€™t mind the attention why not keep on throwing :sunglasses:. But if you want to avoid attention maybe throwing in school isnā€™t the best decision :grin:

2 Likes

Oh hey thatā€™s even better, I can gather a plethora of old / new tricks alike! Iā€™m an intermediate player who knows a few speed combos, horizontal comfortably, and am learning behind the back horizontal or fingers pointed down horizontal. That and a few tech elements or slack rejections still feel unfamiliar for me. Really appreciate the warm welcome. <3

3 Likes

I never feel 100% comfortable throwing in my office at workā€¦although I pick one up anyway at times.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t posted a video here for a while. So here is my Jersey Slide. :grin:

I decided half way through that I should somehow make it a combo. Got as far as adding a poorly executed boingy boing as itā€™s got a similar look. But that was about as far as my combo creativity juice lasted :joy:

3 Likes