MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

A very poor looking Jersey Slide (swear it’s because I have small hands).

3 Likes

You lost us at zontals. Then behind the back zontals :joy::joy:

You’re more advance than me. Welcome hope you find some things here interesting

2 Likes

Nice one!

Try and pinch the string that comes off the yoyo between your two pinkies so that the length of string it can travel between your hand is short than that distance between your hands :grin:

1 Like

Hehe it’s always a bit awkward at first. But after a few times it becomes fine. At least it was for my case but I understood that everyone’s aptitude for being self conscious is different :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yeah, something I’m working on, just feels very awkward getting the pinkies together! :joy:

1 Like

I agree, or when someone notices that it’s requiring a bind to get back to your hand. They see what’s going on basically.

3 Likes

TaW #51 - Kieran Cooper Picture Trick

Hey guys, this week we have a guest star Kieran Cooper.

He is teaching us one of his own original picture tricks live in person.

Partly because I’m lazy to edit. And partly because I think it’s cool for us mortals to realise that even the best of us makes bloopers.
I kept the whole thing in without edits :joy:

Enjoy!

The actual tutorial starts from 1 min 10 sec

7 Likes

This was a ton of fun to learn! I found it more consistent to push the string manually under the yo-yo rather than throw it. I’ll post my Jersey Slide soon.

(Also found my old yo-yo vids of myself back in December 4th, when I first started. I’ve come a long way for 1 year!)

5 Likes

Dude that was awesome!

I get what you mean about whipping the slack under the yoyo it’s where I trip up the most

2 Likes

alright this trick is really cool! I’m going to save this for later and give it a try, thanks @MoonageMin

5 Likes

Wow…i woke up today and there was snow on the ground. More likely an indication of climate change then a Christmas miracle but you take what you can get these days.
Merry Christmas ya’ll.
I thought for this week we should have some festive T-a-W tuts/ challenges. So I went with a few pictures. I want to see se those Christmas Trees!..i mean tower tricks… similar shape so this week i guess we can take some liberty.
I posted 4 tuts of towers I’m unfamiliar with… but this week is not limited to these, if you know a tower trick please just post it and let’s see some Trees. I mean towers.
Happy Holidays everyone.

8 Likes

Love this! Hoping to get a JoJo at mom’s house today and I’ll try these first!

4 Likes

7 Likes

First three where not that challenging, McPhee towers is a cool ninja Vanish type move, the other 2 are basic picture trick… anyway i put them together on my ride to visit my dad. Enjoy. Use your imagination on rock the baby tower cause my orientation isn’t great but trust me it’s there.
I think satoshi tower will take some practice.

5 Likes

Hi Trick-a-Weekers! I haven’t felt like recording stuff lately for this thread (or just in general really, I’ve been really feeling like I want to have stuff smooth and mostly consistent before I even think about filming it), but I’ve still been keeping up with learning and love seeing what everyone else posts! I had time to squeeze in recording a sloppy tower after people left the Christmas celebration today.

9 Likes

Slightly different tower for the TaW gang :muscle:t6:

6 Likes

Can anyone help with Kieran’s trick at 1:41. No matter what I do, when I try getting the yo-yo into the ‘pocket’, I either end up in a mess of strings, or I hit the ‘pocket’ but I don’t have the same config as in the video… this part is severally annoying me…

3 Likes

I’m out at the moment. But can help you out later tonight :grin:

2 Likes

For this week’s trick a week I have a guest star filming a tutorial for us right now. So will be posted a little late today or a day late maybe? See when I receive it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Guy’s 2021 Trick a week is now over, check out 2022 TaW to carry on learning!

7 Likes