MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

TaW #6 ZipperStalls

Looks like last weeks trick is knot HOPining.
Its February and that means we get to Fix thing up a bit :upside_down_face:. Sorry if my humor stalls. Wooden" you like me to continueā€¦

0A can be very satisfying and very frustrating at the same time. There is a lot of flexibility in the flow of the tricks. Since i am not a expert by any means at 0A im going to try and pick tricks that will set a good foundation for the rest of the Fridayā€™s in the year.

If you havenā€™t read @edhaponik
ed [...]: 0a. Check it out.

This week lets learn some basic Stalls. ZIPPER! Zipper is a repeater trick so if you know stalls letā€™s see some repeaters videosā€¦if you can zipper repeat then letā€™s see a SBM zipper repeater as demoed by @edhoponik in the tutorial below.

Happy Fixed Friday.

11 Likes

Solid pick Mike!!!

5 Likes

Oh wow @edhaponik used to be fat I would never have imagined until I saw that :joy:

Not for Nagao anyway. Iā€™m gonna keep working on it, maybe one day Iā€™ll Evan be able to land it.

Sorry, Iā€™ll see myself out.

5 Likes

My apologies. Iā€™m in the middle of a moveā€¦ my head is a bit scrambledā€¦I thought it was Friday! Been carrying a wooden yoyo for 4 days i thought it was Friday x4! Wow. Sorry about that.

7 Likes

Not gonna lie, I had a ā€œwait itā€™s Friday already?!ā€ moment when I saw the post lol

7 Likes

Not gonna lie, Mike sent me a message yesterday asking if itā€™s Friday tomorrow (as in today) and I said yes. :rofl:

8 Likes

The multiple wednesday timestamps make that even better :joy:

5 Likes

Cheating on Fixed Feb. today to get caught up on some TaW challenges and filming.:speak_no_evil:

Anybody hit Nagao Hops yet?

5 Likes

Nopeā€¦ but my fixy combos are coming along.
The easy OA tricks thread by @TheThrowingGnome are great.

I canā€™t seem to hit zipper for a repeater consistently. I can get the SBM stall but not the somersault etcā€¦

5 Likes

Bam!

9 Likes

Not quite, you have any luck?

I still canā€™t quite hit the first hop in the repeater. The second hop (almost the reverse of the first) I can do pretty easily. Iā€™ve been looking at what Iā€™m doing differently, and on the second Iā€™m tossing the yo-yo in a much higher arc. When I try to do the same with the first, I usually miss catching the loop around my wrist, or the loop doesnā€™t form right. Iā€™m getting closer, but I think itā€™s going to take a while.

Iā€™m going to practice it(just the repeater) a bit every day, along with my everyday attempts at Beefhook(which is starting to pay off).

4 Likes

Eh was that a Duncan? Very well done bro.

2 Likes

Im getting closer! After the second hop I was landing in a slightly different mount than the start which wouldnā€™t let me do the repeater, but think I got it figured out last night. At this point I think Iā€™ve got all the motions and its just a matter of grinding it out for a while but its a tough one

4 Likes

Iā€™ll let you know when Iā€™m done practicing today.:+1: This is my first day really giving it a go, and I understand what I need to do, but Iā€™m having trouble casting the slack with the chop motion. Otherwise itā€™s great(if you overlook the main elementā€‹:smiley:)

4 Likes

Thanks! Maybe next week, eh?:sunglasses:

2 Likes

OK TaW fam, time to represent.:smiley:

(Grey team go!)

4 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if I could sign up for the over 30 division since Iā€™m 30 on the dot

4 Likes

If youā€™re a even a minute past it counts. You should be able to get by without even being carded, considering you have that distinguished beard(very nice streak, I dig itšŸ‘)

4 Likes

Iā€™m in. I did the 30+last year and coming up with a 60 sec combo was a great challange. There where 25 other 30plus throwersā€¦i came in 32. I got myself a Tshirt and it was great.

3 Likes