MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Very nice and smooth man!

2 Likes

haha this was WAAAAAAAY too easy for you!! :smiley: Nice job @ChrysaeThrows!!

2 Likes

You Dominated that one! Sweet.

3 Likes

Okay, Iā€™m starting to get Jackā€™s Slack complete with the suicide, dismount and a bind! :smiley:
Hit 5 of them just now in one of my practice sessions. Will get a video up eventually this weekend :smiley:.

4 Likes

smooth.

very nice.

kgb

1 Like

Had to do jackā€™s slack (heā€™s one of mk1ā€™s sponsored players!). Hereā€™s an easier way to do the suicide - just pinch all the strings. Kind of feels like a brother slack when you do this.

9 Likes

That was beautifulā€¦ that pink yoyo and the musicā€¦ your very talented. I think im in loveā€¦ with the throw not u. But seriously that was very cool.

3 Likes

Hey guys :slight_smile:
I want to apologize for this Trick-A-Week Challenge being a bit messy over the last couple of months. Poor Moons has been super busy with life, and my motivation levels have been up and down. Iā€™ve not been as energetic or enthusiastic as I enjoy being.

But weā€™re moving right along!
ā€¦
ā€¦

So I asked a friend of mine for some suggestions on tricks for this upcoming weekā€™s challenge and he gave me a couple of great ones.
One in particular really excited me. Itā€™s flashy looking, but also very simple (though it would be a challenge to learn and to get consistent at)ā€¦and the really cool thing about it is that itā€™s something super easy to add into other tricksā€¦you can do it from a trapeze and itā€™s easy to flow into all sorts of other thingsā€¦so itā€™s a super cool, flashy element to work into combos moving forward.

Butā€¦
Itā€™s another slack/hook/whip trick.
Weā€™ve done the Ninja Vanish and Jackā€™s Slack these last couple of weeksā€¦
Are you guys interested in keeping this going and working on another? Or would you rather move on to something else for this up coming week?

• Whips/Slacks/Hooks
  • Something Different
  • Green Is The Bestest Ever!!

0 voters

3 Likes

I voted for the only logical option presented in this poll.

2 Likes

That was a hilarious, very classic @twitch77 way of removing yourself from the poll, and giving people an ā€œI donā€™t careā€ option. :green_heart: u bro!

Edit: whoops, I accidentally some of my post. I also meant to say that youā€™ve been doing a great job regardless of everything going on.

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: :green_heart:

2 Likes

I voted green

Burr seriously, if the trick is cool, post it. Look for something different next time.

Iā€™ve been having fun with these slack/whips.

kgb

4 Likes

I agree you guys are doing great running this. Everyone goes at thier pace anywayā€¦ ur picks have been great @twitch77ā€¦ all good. No stress bro just pick what looks cool to you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and the votes guys! I really appreciate it!

And though there are no right or wrong answers to this pollā€¦everyone of you who didnā€™t vote for green got it wrong and are getting Fā€™s for this weekā€™s challenge!

3 Likes

I win!

4 Likes

@NitroBobby916 A++!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve gotta admitā€¦this trick has been pretty difficult to get down for me. Anyone else struggle at all with this one?
I still struggle to whip the string into the gapā€¦and then to do so properly. This is absolutely a trick I enjoy very much though and will continue to work on it just like I work on many of the previous tricks from this challenge.

I really like how it transitions super easily into a houdini mount so I can combo off of it.

Like into a Kamikaze

Or a Triple Tower (with the tower being so tall that it canā€™t be seen by the camera! haha :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a redo on the tower:

And I really like this little combo with Jackā€™s Slack into Mexican Duck Pond :smiley:

5 Likes

Trick-A-Week Week #16 Reverse Hook

Thanks again guys for the votes!
So continuing on a bit more with whips/slacks/hooksā€¦this weekā€™s trick is the Reverse Hook (or Reverse Hidemasa Hook, or Reverse Yo-Yo Trapeze Whip).

This one looks tough to me, but also very rewarding. Itā€™s flashy looking and I really like it because it starts in a trapeze and can be a great flashy little element to add into combos.
Iā€™m hoping to get this one down as I can imagine this being one of my goto elements that I throw into tricks where I can.

Iā€™m not finding a whole lot of tutorials on this oneā€¦if anyone knows of some, mind sharing them?

ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦
Also, I donā€™t think itā€™s completely necessaryā€¦but it should be easier to learn if you learn the regular Hidemasa Hook first.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a trick that I leart not much time ago, and it really changed my play. Iā€™m happy that you choosed it for this challenge.
Iā€™ve not seen all tutorials but make sure your string torsion is neutral when you start practice it. Then you will be able to land it in every conditions, but the first times it really helps to have no torsion.

1 Like