MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

haha omg! Talk about pushing the envelope!!
This looks impossible to me at my skill level!

And you know what?
Hell yeah! I’m looking forward to it!
I have a hard time pushing myself. Take for example the recent Absurdity challenge. I took 1 look at the trick and I immediately was like “NOPE!” and didn’t even want to try.

So I’m stoked to have such an insane challenge this week. I’m not good at pushing myself…so it’s nice to have Moon and the rest of you guys pushing me…for me…lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really looking forward to pushing the envelope this week!

This trick looks impossible to me.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

3 Likes

Go for it!!

4 Likes

I’m about a third of the way through and it doesn’t look like there’s too much totally freaky in it so far

4 Likes

@MoonageMin wow this trick looks awesome, can’t wait to start practicing it

You should try! It is not that hard, it is just quite long

4 Likes

Well I can’t speak for the trick until I have completed it first, but looking at it all the elements doesn’t seem too difficult when broken down. A little akin to the picture slide trick, I think it looks more complicated than it actually is.

Naturally we are not expecting to do this at the speed Ryosuke performs it at, but to just do the trick hopefully it won’t be unobtanium like some of the tricks out there.

Just need to spend time breaking it down and learning it in pieces and then practising the trick to completion. :slight_smile:

Credit to : @Legs09 for recommending this trick to me to learn some time back.

3 Likes

Man, it is so nice to have you back!
I’ve really missed your positivity and enthusiasm!

3 Likes

thanks man, but I think you should watch the whole video before deciding to not attempt it, each of the elements are not that hard by itself.

2 Likes

aw thanks man, I had an amazing time while away, but I did miss being on here ngl. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in a pretty good place with it if anyone gets stuck.

This is not my entry btw. I’ve got a week to fit it in a combo now.

4 Likes

lmao it’s not even day 1 and you’re already killing it! haha :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

The yoyo gods giveth and the yoyo gods taketh away. I still in all this time haven’t got kamikazi even close to landing, never mind getting it smooth and I’m still trying it every day :rofl:

3 Likes

Sensei, wow way to go

3 Likes

You are absolutely right that the elements aren’t that bad. I’ve kinda got a lot of free time at the moment too so I’m happy to help and film clips if needs be. You know the score :wink:

4 Likes

Kamikaze was one of the tricks that led me to burning out way back in the early 2000’s when I was first into this hobby. Damn it frustrated me to no end!
And I still don’t have in consistent. /sad :frowning: I work on it everyday…and though I do land it almost each day it usually takes me a few failed magic drops first. (I have no problem getting the rejection with the magic drop…it’s always been landing on the back string that I struggle with).
The day I’m able to do Kamikaze constantly without breaking a sweat is going to be a major milestone for me in this hobby.

3 Likes

But once you get there you’ll say to yourself, “Oh. That wasn’t that hard. On to the next milestone.”

2 Likes

It’s kinda hard to hit fluidly but I got it!!

7 Likes

I came in to work a few hours of overtime this evening and told myself “I won’t be here long, I can leave the throws at home today”.

Seemed like a fine idea until I got a death knot on my fixie that live at work and this weeks awesome trick was posted :sob:

Stoked to give it a go later though! Also, welcome back @MoonageMin, glad you enjoyed the time off and tech reset!

4 Likes

haha that was so well done!

I thought everyone was going to struggle really bad with this week’s trick. Yet here some of you guys are…nailing the trick before week 11 even officially starts! lmao

Nice job guys!

3 Likes

I’m giving up on hitting Spirit Bomb this week. /is sad
Went at it for over an hour tonight. I was getting closer then ever…yet the longer I kept going…the worse I was getting.
Just not happening. /sigh
I’ll keep at it. I’ll get it eventually. It has been a fun one to work on this week. I’m a bit sad that I didn’t hit it this week. Was really hoping to be able to come proudly brag to you guys about it haha.

Ah well…at least i put some good honest effort into it!

5 Likes

Keep trying!! You’ll get it!

5 Likes