MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Yes mate! nice job!

Just so no one gets discouraged or anything… I found my video where I learned it first which was over two years ago and i’m still not landing it consistently. There’s a very good reason it’s as high as it is up the trick ladder as it is. Just because the week is coming to an end there’s nothing saying you can’t keep working on stuff as you go.

2 Likes

Alright, I’m consistently landing Spirit Bomb as it should be (landing into the triangle) and it is very satisfying!! The only thing is, I would like to insert it into a combo, any thoughts on how to proceed? You are not into a proper wrist mount after this trick, you have an additional twist on the string. I tried the luminose tower and it worked. Any other idea on different combos?

4 Likes

just had a bit of a play. Plenty of opportunity for nth stuff. Chopsticks as you are pulling your hand out of the loop, Yukki slack, your bind, sands of time, undermount etc. Yukki, sands of time and your bind all keep with the same motion too

3 Likes

What an awesome video!

4 Likes

@MoonageMin Where have u been aha🙌🏽

3 Likes

your back!

3 Likes

Hey guys! I hope you have all been keeping well?

I just got back from my 3 weeks vacation with my family. :slight_smile:

I kind of expected a lot of downtime during my trip to continue with my social media life and work on my yoyo without the normal distractions like work etc but man I was so wrong.

The whole trip has been pretty much full throttle the entire time and I think I slept less while away than I do at home, there has even been a few days straight I went without sleeping at all other than in the car during transit.

As I was with my family the vast majority of the time, I didn’t want to be on the phone the whole time, so inadvertently, it ended up being a 3 week phone & social media cleanse for me. Not gonna lie I rather enjoyed being away from the screen and I didn’t even have my phone on me most of the time, and when I did it was purely as a digital camera. Data being like $3~4 per 10mb while roaming in Asia didn’t help either so I had data switched off the whole time too.

Sorry, but not sorry I have been away for such a long time, I had an absolute blast and an amazing time.
But it is good to be back, missed being online and also good to be back at my own home.

So hello everyone! what have I missed while I was out enjoying life in the real world :rofl:

7 Likes

welcome back!

2 Likes

thanks dude!

It’s actually really good to be back.

Kinda a shame I didn’t get to yoyo that much for 3 weeks and missed out on those gains.

Also after all that, I didn’t even make 1 submission for the Absurdity Challenge.
But I still see the whole challenge as a massive win for me.
It was never about the winning, and I actually didn’t have an interest in winning the yoyo, it was more about the challenge itself, and thanks to @chaosgow’s challenge, I learnt some fantastic tricks and elements, even learnt brent stole etc so I feel like my aim going into the challenge has been sufficiently achieved to a satisfactory level for me.

Looks like I missed spirit bomb and momentum bind, the former being a trick I have wanted to learn, and the latter being a cool looking trick!!! (big props to @ChrysaeThrows).
So I will make sure I catch up in my spare time and bring my self up to par.

In the mean time, looks like I’m back just in time to get back involved with my trick a week challenge and drop a new trick later today after a chat with @twitch77 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Also, I updated the OP to include links to all the videos so that there is a reference point for everyone to look back on without reading all 1450 posts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to have you back friend🙌🏽

3 Likes

Thanks @Lewivlone, it’s good to be back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

check your PM’s. :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome back man!

2 Likes

Good because the absurdity challenge set me back quite a bit in this too. Welcome back.

2 Likes

Thanks @ChrysaeThrows & @Oroboryo.

Kind of gutted I never completed the challenge in the end, but have no regrets in prioritising life over the absurdity challenge. I think I got so much out of the challenge already though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I last picked a trick, thank you @twitch77 for picking up the slack & manning the fort while I was away!

Back this week to return to our alternate trick postings, here is my pick for this week.

This week we are learning Ryosuke Iwasawa’s Combo

Good luck everyone :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Nice to see you back!

I don’t think I will even attempt that trick though!

3 Likes

GREAT choice. This looks a bunch of fun

3 Likes

Cool trick! I might learn this one!

4 Likes