MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Thanks for the suggestions! I do have some extra-long string that I can try, but I typically use pretty long strings to begin with (im 6’ +, so longer than normal seems natural for me). I could try to flourish the catch less; that is something I think im doing every time. Guess I can find out next month whether it works, since I don’t feel comfortable perfecting this trick on a fixed axle, lol.

2 Likes

Why not?

Looks pretty easy to me!

5 Likes

Spirit bomb on a fixed axle is a whooooole different beast lol. Is your month of fixed axle stuff for the fixed axle february comp?

2 Likes

Well, the good news is that I’ve made some HUGE progress on the first hop since yesterday. I’m actually hitting in pretty consistently now!

The bad news…

/GRRRRRR

6 Likes

Duuude! There’s a few in there I was almost positive that they landed. I’ve had a few more ideas for things that might help. I’ll get my overhead setup going and get you a clip

1 Like

Adobe After Effects :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see something very familiar going on, this happened to me too. On that second hop your
non throw hand index finger is missing the string intersect. My bad, had it wrong on my description as I was not throwing at the time of writing this nor was in an area to do the trick to clearer explain. The index finger intersecting that second hop will aid you in landing back thru that triangle.

Edited for failed explanation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully some of this will be of help. Feel free to shoot me any questions or owt

4 Likes

Wow! These tips and suggestions are incredibly helpful! Thank you so much @Oddb0y for making this video!
Really looking forward to giving these tips (as well as some other awesome advice from everyone else) a try a bit later or early tomorrow!
I can’t make any promises on hitting this trick by tomorrow night…but I’m sure trying! lol :smiley:

Thanks a lot guys!!

1 Like

==EDIT==
Whoa! I’m watching some of the tutorials in slowmo and you’re totally right!!
Now I just gotta figure out how to go about hitting that intercept!
Thank you so much for pointing this out to me!

I think I’m getting the intercept but I just did some strange editing with this video where I cut those bits out of my attempts (I cut out all of the wrist mount bits…I was just showing all of my first hop lands with all my second hop misses in the video and I cut everything else out).
Not sure if this makes sense.

3 Likes

Yea, this same thing happened to me…I had to frame-by-frame the tutorial (you can use the < > keys on a youtube video when paused) to watch what was all happening.

This video comes to mind…

This brings back memories…

Also tip for that final hop, don’t jerk it, just give it a nice, even hop up and that triangle should open up nice for the yoyo to fall right through.

4 Likes

Holy cow dude thank you! Amazingly everyone in this thread is very generous with your time. Thank you!

2 Likes

Whoa! That’s crazy useful! I didn’t know this!!

I wish I wasn’t so dang tired! I tried to work a bit more on this trick tonight, but meh…I’m just too dang exhausted. Hoping to make some progress tomorrow.

1 Like

I use this trick all the time! its definitely a great one!

Also, I’m willing to bet you’ll nail a few tomorrow morning after today’s practice has had some time to set in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would be nice if there was a way to frame by frame YouTube on iOS.

1 Like

No way I know of on Android either

1 Like

What I do is download the video to my phone using savefrom.net, then I can use the builtin video player to scrub more easily. Works ok, just wouldn’t mind avoiding the extra steps.

1 Like

lol what a pain!

1 Like

Kendama legs, TH palm up, not too open,… thank you! This week has been a team effort for sure!
A very satisfying yoyo week for me. Spirit bomb i feel is one of those tricks that show u got some level of skill…i don’t have it, but i got lucky on video once so thank god it’s sunday. Honestly i threw this 200 times this week… iim loving TaW!
Plus i landed it with my new Spidey Vs Venom Aotus.

5 Likes

Dude! You freaking got it!! YES!!! So cool that you were able to nail it so cleanly on film before the end of this week!! :smiley: I’m way happy for you man!

3 Likes