MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Lol I don’t know how to edit videos other than to trim but not very precise with my fat fingers on my phone :slight_smile:
Hehe I’m glad you like it

5 Likes

This totally fixed it. I was confused for ages

3 Likes

Hey man. This challenge is open to everyone to participate freely. Don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

(Says the man with too man time on his hand haha :rofl: @PCaliyoyos)

4 Likes

awesome thanks

4 Likes

Touche but to be fair… food can’t wait

7 Likes

Okay so, I know I am a bit higher skill level than y’all and have been yoing a bit longer, but I will do this as well, however, I am gonna use much harder versions of the tricks that you pick (I. E. 2.5 hook instead of Hidemasa, cross-armed kamikaze, stuff like that just to make it as much of a challenge for me as it is for all of you) just wondering if all of you are ok with this?

9 Likes

i am :smiley:

4 Likes

Horizontal Kamikaze!!!

Anyone is welcome to join! The whole idea is we alll get better together no matter your level

5 Likes

I like this idea, like im at a bit of a higher level so this will make it really changeling

7 Likes

Got it pretty smoothed out I think, will record later tonight

6 Likes

That sounds awesome! :smiley:

5 Likes

Today’s progress.

Getting better but slowly.

Stuck on the twirly whirly but after magic drop.
How do I stop the yoyo from tilting and dying?

Can someone teach me how to administer cpr?

6 Likes

Just be mindful of your plane control. Also if you get it faster, you don’t have to worry about it as much. You should work on doing the magic drop as you swing over your non throw hand (I.e. wrap your throw hand as you toss the yoyo over your non throw hand).

6 Likes

Yeah transitioning from the throw over the NTH straight to Magic drop is on my two do list over the next 4 days.
I want to be able to hit all the elements step by step as well.
But it’s looking a bit stop start at the moment

5 Likes

Yeah I found gettin the beginning really clean makes the end easier. Also at the end after the magic drop and you pop the yoyo back into the top string, you might need to move your NTH outward to match that plane and then back at the end to finish in trapeze

6 Likes

Happy to see everyone making so much progress. Hopefully I will be able to get in some serious practice this weekend. On 12 hour days at work, 2a.m-2p.m :disappointed: I have been to worn out to learn anything. I have been brushing up on magic drop at break though. Got it down clean again.

7 Likes

You’ve got such a lovely home!! Do you have any pets? (you know…besides the mini munchkin kids! lols)

I like your videos just as they are without any need for editing! You’re a very charming and enjoyable person to watch!

And I’m SO stuck just where you are…with the ending of this trick! lol it looks like, and seems like it should be so simple…one of the easier parts of this trick!
We’ll get there though! :smiley: A lot of us have made some huge strides on this trick and we’re only midway through the week!!

This has been exactly what I’ve been looking for. My practice sessions were getting a bit stale again. It’s been very nice to have just 1 trick I’m focusing on…and it’s a challenging enough trick for me that it’s felt very rewarding to work on.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

6 Likes

Uhhh!..that sounds miserable!

What do you do for work?

6 Likes

Thanks @twitch77 we really like our home too hehe.

Our guest room features a green wall by the way.

No pets, just the two kids are already a handful at the moment. Maybe when they are a little older we might do.

Yeah it’s odd I can’t seem to stop the yoyo tilting as soon as once magic drop is done.

Also I the last, back into fake 1.5 mount is not easy.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s a little rough but not to bad. I work in a factory that produces corrugated fiberboard(boxes and other forms of packaging)

6 Likes