MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

is that the Hummingbird?

3 Likes

It is :green_heart:

3 Likes

And one of the awesome orange strings you made!

3 Likes

OH, didnā€™t see that! glad you like it.

3 Likes

Your index fingers should be pointing forward, not curled toward you.

From memory trying to visualize itā€¦ For the first picture you stick your TH index in the space your thumbs are in, curl it down and slide it outside the string that forms the triangle. Your NTH index, just point it down and slide it left so thereā€™s just a loop around it. Point both index fingers forward.

Drop thumbs for second picture. Drop TH index finger for triangle.

2 Likes

Right on man! Thank you for this write up!! I hadnā€™t even noticed I was curling my finger in!

haha anyone else having this issue? Where you keep getting really small things wrong with this trick? Step by step Iā€™ve been getting small details wrongā€¦and step by step Iā€™m having to correct them. Thank goodness for Moons and Ryan who have been helping me out all week figure things out!

I actually think this has been a really good learning experience for me this week though and am happy with how things are going with it. It helps that itā€™s such a fun trick to work on!

2 Likes

@ryanmcg thanks for that step by step break downā€¦ good detailsā€¦ im deff still a mess with the pictures, but i know im close. Iā€™l try this tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

I got it! No spin left in the GT but got all 3 pics! Thank you @MoonageMin and @ryanmcg and @twitch77. Holy cow this was a challenging week.

3 Likes

Dude thatā€™s awesome. The bucket and getting the pictures right were pretty challenging. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever watched a yo-yo video so many times before.

3 Likes

Close enough guys?
@MoonageMin @ryanmcg

Itā€™s rough, too fast and not pretty. Plus the video quality is poor for some reason.
Not sure if Iā€™ll make another vid by tomorrow or not.

8 Likes

Hell yeah man!

Thereā€™s SO many small steps in this trick and just getting 1 tiny thing wrong messes the whole thing up. Iā€™ve sunk hours into this trick this weekā€¦itā€™s been very challenging.
I was having a blast working on it up till this morning. I spent 40 minutes slamming my head against the wall trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the pictures! lol

I think I pretty much have it at this point. I just need to smooth it out with practice and time now.

2 Likes

You got it! I didnā€™t see any mistakes, so all that frustrating work must have paid off. Hope the bricks you slammed your head against didnā€™t do any permanent damage :joy: Nice job man!

4 Likes

With as thick as my skull isā€¦itā€™s not my head Iā€™d be worry about being damaged! :joy:

I think Iā€™ll try to get a bit of a better video up by tomorrow night.

2 Likes

So weā€™re coming up to the end of 2 months now! Woot Woot!!

Thought Iā€™d smash a bunch of clips of tricks Iā€™ve been working on these past few months together for fun :).

7 Likes

At a play date for my daughterā€™s (apparently i throw best at 4 yr old events)ā€¦ another dad with the same t shirtā€¦ i sm close to getting these darn pics but i donā€™t think another video is coming this weekend.
Great challenge! (Fingerspin and injection was cool too i just couldnā€™t get it)ā€¦ but i have another 40 weeks to get it down.

4 Likes

Awesome highlight video!

2 Likes

YES!! Nice @AKYOYOMIKE!! This one was tough!

I donā€™t get how you and everyone else have so much room between your hands during the picture portion of the trick!

1 Like

I started using a longer stringā€¦ iim shortā€¦ my string goes up basically shoulder hight with my arm extended.

3 Likes

Iā€™m always really scared of slamming my yo into the ground with longer strings lol

3 Likes

Nicely done. Very nice bucket landing, too. Pictures were fineā€”the original is really hard to tell exactly how theyā€™re supposed to look anyway.

2 Likes