MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

The last 2 weeks have been less than exciting for me. The 2 tricks (this injection and the fingerspin) turned out not to be my cup of tea. I thought they’d be fun…and there’s nothing wrong with the tricks, they’re both cool looking and all…
They just haven’t been exciting for me personally though. I haven’t really enjoyed working on them.

Me and Moon have a spicy one coming up this week though! It looks really tough for me…but it’s something that gets me pumped up!
It’s a ‘techy’ trick and will hopefully be more rewarding for me and others to work on and to get down!

Sorry for the couple of off weeks here guys! I think things will start picking up again here though! :smiley:

4 Likes

No need to apologize. This week’s trick has been fun to work on, but, that hasn’t stopped it from kicking my butt and leaving me unsuccessful so far.

The challenge has been exactly that, something to encourage me to step out of my comfort zone and become better.

5 Likes

Stop apologizing i agree with @French… being out .of the comfort zone helps you improve. I can honestly say that this trick challenge has improved ny throwing more in the last month then any other month in my yoyo life… that is thanks to you guys. Keep picking cool tricks. No one is complaining about anything. It’s all fun and good vibes. I won’t deny however that the last two weeks fried my yoyo brain and i welcome something less abstract.

5 Likes

Oh good!
Cause this coming up week’s trick is going to be this!

:sweat_smile:

lol :stuck_out_tongue:
no, but I am looking forward to revealing the new trick tomorrow!

6 Likes

lol the funny thing is…is that the vast majority of my yo-yos can’t even do the gravity pull (they need a bind)! haha

5 Likes

That speaks volumes, and I feel the same. Trick-a-week has been a huge success so far, and I hope it just keeps going after 52 weeks. Not every week is going to be a hit for everyone–I think few weeks will–but that’s fine. Even an off week is useful.

4 Likes

“Gravity Pull” ← That name always makes me laugh. It sounds like something intense and intimidating… but it’s literally the most basic thing you can do with a yoyo.

4 Likes

I have all these finely engineered, high performing, top of the line yo-yos…
And they can’t even do the most basic yo-yo trick!
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @twitch77, just woke up and saw this.
Thought I’ll show you a little joke post, but gravity pulls are totally possible in any yoyos :rofl:

4 Likes

lmao…nice!

2 Likes

Very funny… i’l study this video asap

4 Likes

Week 1 challenge…kamikaze, i think. … this is the first time i landed it, i had a feeling so i recorded the whole session(at my daughter’s friends bday party… so i had to share…

4 Likes

Man! Nice freaking job!! :smiley:
It took me SO long to finally land Kamikaze! That magic drop is such a pain!

Were any of the kiddos into your yoing? :smiley:

3 Likes

5 y/o Bday party. Yoyo was a huge hit. I’m trying to teach my daughter’s friends but u think the group is too young

3 Likes

It’s too bad @MoonageMin wasn’t there. He’s got a couple of indestructible titaniums I’m sure he’d of been happy to let the kids learn with!

2 Likes

I’ve never understood how this works. You’d think when you snap it back up that it’d just make it spin faster, not reverse the spin and make it return with that perfect reversed bind. It’s fun though. I like to see how many reverse wraps I can make in the string.

2 Likes

Oh no it’s sunday. I still suck at injections and have to start working on the second absurdity trick!

3 Likes

Sorry y’all - I’ve barely even picked up a yoyo this week. We’ve been packing to move this weekend, now working on unpacking everything and setting the house up before the baby comes. I’ll have to catch up on these weeks later

4 Likes

Lol at the lady running across the room at 0:10

2 Likes

Haha @ryanmcg yeah it’s fun to mess around with sometimes.

This is such a bad example, but you can do things like this.

3 Likes