MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Man that was sick!!!

5 Likes

thanks

3 Likes

Nice. I worked on that trick forever and always lost too much spin to put it all together. I got the closest with a Shutter. With the flat cap I didnā€™t have to wait for it to settle after each hop. But I still wasnā€™t quick enough to finish it.

Edit: that was actually smoother than the way Evan Nagao does it. You pinched the string when doing the swing part, so you could get into it right away, where Evan has to have the strings in place and taught so he can let it swing on his finger. I like the way you do it better.

3 Likes

I once saw Eric Koloski spin a flea using a pen instead of a finger.

4 Likes

me and him were talking about how polo can do a finger spin to a tornado bind on the flea at NYYC
(Erik is a sick yoyoer if you ever get the chance to talk to him do it)

4 Likes

thanks I have been working on it for about 8 months

4 Likes

Dedication! Very cool man.

3 Likes

Anyone making any progress on this one?

Iā€™m still moving slowly on thisā€¦though I just did another 30ā€™ish minutes of practice. Iā€™m starting to land it much more consistently, and Iā€™m also getting better at getting it to spin on the tip of my finger instead of the pad.

I did do 5 finger spins complete with the basic laceration bindā€¦
Except on every single one of them I failed to actually catch the yo-yo! haha >.<ā€™
But heyā€¦Iā€™m getting there for sure!

This is a fun one to work onā€¦but my shoulder is starting to feel a bit sore!

4 Likes

Thats excellent!

It is hard to catch; I did the same thing when I was learning it.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t have more than half an hour yesterday to practice anything new so I thought it would be a good idea to try to do a basic fingerspin with all my yoyos (that are not many, actually).

So hereā€™s my Fingerspin attempt on a Replay Pro!

My aim here was only to catch the yoyo an bind. Not to have it spin stable.

4 Likes

Nice job on progress!!

I left work at 1am yesterday :frowning:

So far I have actually made zero progress and have only tried like 4~5 attempts this week.
So like as many attempts all week as you have landed the tricks haha

1 Like

Hereā€™s a finger hop with a previous week combo.

5 Likes

@ChrysaeThrows Boom! Got it! :smiley: The yo snaps back pretty quick on the bind on this oneā€¦Iā€™m not use to it, thatā€™s why I kept failing to catch it lol!

@MoonageMin Thatā€™s okay man! :slight_smile: Some weeks youā€™ll have more time and motivation than others.

@Oroboryo ā€¦lol dude just casually pulls off all our previous weekā€™s tricks on a single throw like itā€™s not even anything to him! >.<ā€™ ā€¦decides to add a Spirit Bomb just for fun.
Freaking cool man :smiley:

2 Likes

If youā€™ve got a yoyo thatā€™s is very good for fingerspins, you can just wait it out a bit until it slows down.

2 Likes

Dude you are doing greatā€¦ i canā€™t land anything. I feel like iā€™m affecting to get a balance spin but it lasts for a secondā€¦ and any video attempt is a lot of me winding up the yoyo. You are my hero.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been slacking - Iā€™ve been working on some new frontstyle stuff that Iā€™ve been practicing kind of obsessively lol

3 Likes

Your a great spinner. Impressive editing.

3 Likes

YOU ARE THE MAN! That was a super smooth spiritual mexican duck bomb!

3 Likes

@Oroboryo needs to add a jason ladder inā€¦ iā€™m sure he figure it out. Iā€™l wait for next weekā€™s video! Im just busting your chops out of jealousy. That was amazing.

3 Likes

haha perfect name for it!

2 Likes