MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

@MoonageMin and @AKYOYOMIKE You guys are already doing better than great.

Thanks for the tip @CPC :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks man. I am not very happy with my regens though. Number aside, I am so hit and miss on clean or unstable regens. It comes out enough to regen again but itā€™s kinda iffy to be at a level to actually use them in between tricks at the moment.
I thought trying to string together regen after regen might help build a cleaner throw but itā€™s still work on progress.
Where as Mike seems to be regenerating well enough to string together combos.

But I am glad we are learning this I thing this will help raise our level and itā€™s a key fundamental we need down to progress to the next level.

2 Likes

Thanks. I find with the regens not throwing the hardest throw helps a lot. Since Iā€™m going for a trick then regen i only thew gently with each regen as apposed to getting top spin with each. Much easier to control this way. Also if you want to practice some hop the fence the movement is identical so it will make it easier.
This was my first night. I really like the regen to stick combine combos FS and SS together. Not sure my advice will work to get 20 in a row.

6 Likes

I think that throwing a side style first then regenerating is easier then starting FS. Itā€™s just important to keep track of which way the yoyo is spinning to bind correctly. Thatā€™s actually harder then the regen itself.

3 Likes

2a call out.

Work it!!!

4 Likes

That helped me too, throw lighter. If you throw hard, they are harder to control. Anyway the point of a regen is when you are running out of spin. Regens are so much funā€¦

4 Likes

Let me edit my original post and state every regen Iā€™ve practice is exactly a 2A loop or hop so farā€¦3 days into regens so clearly i am a expert.
2A Tuesdays is a thing people!

3 Likes

Preach it brotha!!!

If youā€™re on the fixed axel tip, you should be already in the right school too.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for that.

2 Likes

Regens are so cool! 40 in a row with the basic technique. Iā€™ll explore regens from different binds later this week.
Iā€™m sad I donā€™t own an external mic as @MoonageMin so my voice counting is sorrounded by yoyo noise.
In general I found that a light throw helps, as @AKYOYOMIKE said, and also I found that a short string and a good stable yoyo is what it takes. I tried with 4 different monometals before, and I couldnā€™t go over 10 regens.

6 Likes

Ok. So Iā€™ll get on this monoRegen Challenge. 40 in a row @ChrysaeThrows and @MoonageMin you guys are looping with nonresponsive throws! Thatā€™s is so crazy!
I love this week and itā€™s only day 2ish!

4 Likes

Wow 40!
And all your regens looks so clean too!

I donā€™t own a mic though. I just use my iPhone for all my video and audio recording. I do have a tripod, an external black light and a black bed sheet invested to make it look nicer though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hahaha I know right!

3 Likes

Dude, holy shā€¦mokes. You did the whole thing front style constantly reversing spin direction with regens. How do you keep track of that? That was impressive man.

2 Likes

Thanks. I actually was throwing side style every other i just practice the same tricks in both styles so i can do most FS in side style but not the other way around. I think side style allows for more complexity.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Since shoot the moons are a form of regenā€¦

(Itā€™s not easy to catch a yoyo with wrist guards on)

13 Likes

Haha that is awesome ā€œShoot the Moon(ageMin)ā€ :joy:

That was the best video! And great form all around!

3 Likes

Great video! :grin:
About your snap bind + regen, it reminds me of a comment Iā€™ve seen recently which sounds really interesting.

As for the other part of your video and doing all TaW in-between regens, I agree that would be insane!
Regens are kicking my butt, and thereā€™s no way I could do all the TaW tricks lol! (Iā€™ve also slacked heavily on learning old TaW and am still on week #9, I just spend most of my yoyo time trying out combos or new tricks lately :sweat_smile:)

Quick tip for regens: Using a half-swap helps a lot.
As you regen, if the colors didnā€™t switch, it means you changed spin direction. If they did switch, it means you did a loop-style regen and remained in the same direction.

5 Likes