MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Speaking of wrist mounts :laughing:

6 Likes

Aaand now I want a OneWheel!

Hereā€™s my take on #39, I like this trick.

6 Likes

Smooth!!!

2 Likes

No knots in here! Good job bro

3 Likes

Thanks guys :blush:
The real challenge for me is the surprise bind before the slack to thumb. It drove me insane.

In the end I learned that in this trick, hesitation = failure. For the surprise bind, and for the drop to GT at the end.
Just gotta keep it a bit fast and success rate increased.

5 Likes

TaW #40 : Regens

Alright crew, itā€™s about time we elevated our game and learnt how to incorporate regens into our life.

So this is what we are going to do.

Step 1 : Learn how to regen.
Step 2 : The TaW Regen Challenge.

So for regens, the skyā€™s the limit.
But here are some basic ones to kick us off. Learn as little or as many as you like explore other videos share your findings with the group.

For the regen challenge, see how many regens you can do in a row on video.

Regen after regen after regen, put tricks in between, make it into combos, just do one clean regen. Itā€™s up to you what you do.

For those who wants to go for a max number feel free to just do regens. For those who want to get creative and flex a bit, add tricks or combos. :muscle:

Wait! Plot twist!
You need to do a clean bind at the end for the run to count.
So do you risk it and go for one more regen? Or do you take why you have to the bank and lock in what you have so far. The choice is yours :grin:

8 Likes

Yeah you have to keep moving with Drop GT or the yo-yo tilts, snags and precesses like crazy. Nice job man.

2 Likes

@ryanmcg thanks man!

Itā€™s regen time.

I actually just came up with this revolutionary hybrid between a regen and Stop Nā€™ Go, in which, the yoyo actually stops in my hand in the middle of the regen and allows me to throw it back, would that count for the challenge? :eyes:

4 Likes

Depends how impressive it is :grin:

So to kick things off, lead by example and all that.

I just watched the video and gave it a go. Here is my first submission but def not the last to come.

Sorry I set the bar a bit high but try and beat it if you can :joy:

3 Likes

Ok regens already successful. Hallelujah!

@MoonageMin you have been missed. Fantastic video. Love how you bring us into your yoyo world! Realand rawā€¦ love it@

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never really messed with regens tbh. Pumped to get on them though!

3 Likes

My vid for #39

Nice vids @stringKnot @MoonageMin

6 Likes

Nice one @CPC, your GT at the end looks so good! :flushed:
Any tips on landing the GT with that much space inside?

2 Likes

Thanks man.
So 3 solid hours of regen practice later, this is the best I have so far. (Better than 1 lol)

But I didnā€™t bind finish for any of these so they shouldnā€™t count as submissions, they just happened to be the best ones of the practice session of doing nonstop regens until failure.

2x 23 in a row was best I could manage.

6 Likes

Nice and smooth dude! @CPC

2 Likes

You are amazing man! That was very smooth!

2 Likes

Since you didnā€™t bind either of them then they donā€™t count. As if 20 freaking bind would be reasonable. YOUR INSANE! Wow. Good job. Plus what the heck did you tell your wife that you got away with 3 hours of practice? Not sure if i envy your throw your your negotiation skills.

I went for 5 regens. Not 25. My goal was 5. @MoonageMin youā€™re the judge. Let me know how i did.

https://youtu.be/i8zc36r28m4

4 Likes

Regenerations are one of my all time favorite tricks and this is a fav video, a must view from the Grand Master Dennis McBride, also known for the McBride Rollercoaster if the name sounds familiar.

5 Likes

That was incredible. Thank you for sharing that one!

3 Likes

@stringKnot I thought I had figured out how to make the gt bigger but I hadnā€™t. What I have made is a video on how to easily get into the mount right before the gt so you can practice it. Plus with this way to get into the mount you can easily add it to any other combo.

7 Likes