MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Oh man that’s what I do when I learn 5a :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Unexpected 5a is best 5a

3 Likes

Least you didn’t smack yourself in the face… that’s been a rite of initiation for many here at TaW. I did that early on… actually I think it was the very first week :joy: Good times.

Yep, first week:

4 Likes

Great timing that; recovering from a herniated disc in my neck…

2 Likes

That looked like it hurt, I hope the yoyo you are doing better now!

3 Likes

Thankfully the yo-yo wasn’t injured.

3 Likes

DAM THAT WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE. A bit fierce. Well done!

6 Likes

I hope it did :smiling_imp:, a lot :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I would like to join as I need to work on follow and begin having a weekly goal while having help and watching others learn the same trick. Do I just post a vid when I get it done?

5 Likes

Hey man happy to have you on feel free to jump in. Post videos when done. Post videos of work in progress ask for help share tips. Just think of this area as if a group of people are in one place learning the same trick at the same time helping each other along.

Post as much or as little as you like. Enjoy the vibe. Have fun.

Um that’s about it :joy:

5 Likes

… don’t laugh at Ryan or Karma will hit you right in the face?

3 Likes

Face Time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn…Damb! That was hot!

oh no! haha >.<’ that was painful to watch/hear!
But awesome job with the trick pre-ding! lol

:sweat_smile:

Been there, done that!

There was once I smacked my thumbnail super hard though…caused a big black bruise under my nail…now that was painful! lol

That’s the most important thing.

Hell yeah! :smiley: :smiley: it’s always awesome to see new people join in!

Well ■■■■. I’m screwed then.

6 Likes

Haven’t got as far as learning iron whip and follow yet. But I have learnt jade whip again today.

I learnt it before like a month ago. But my consistency was like 10% at best. It was more like okay done, moving on.

So I spent some good time trying to get my jade whips more consistent and kind of learnt it again.

Videos from my practice session

7 Likes

Your set up + jade whip at that speed is hypnotizing! :smiley:

Nice job on the consistency, you’ll see that Iron Whip is really not difficult if you already are that good with the jade whip. I bet you can master it the same day you begin.

Follow on the other hand… It’s more like a hybrid boingy bong/jade whip. Got to find the rythm and the order of each individual movement. What helped me tremendously is to break it down like shown in the tutorial at 1:05. I did that and started to take smaller and smaller breaks between whips.

5 Likes

His backdrop looks pretty awesome doesn’t it?

4 Likes

thanks man, looking forward to putting the hours in both iron whip and follow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @ryanmcg :grin:

2 Likes

You’ll get iron whip quickly; it’s basically the same, just a different starting point. At least how it’s taught on YoTricks… maybe I should watch the videos :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

lol dang you’ve got Jade down pat! So damn smooth man!
lol I’m at like .00000000001%. I’mma have to step my ‘effort game’ up! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes