MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

@twitch77 I’m not disappointed at all.
The whole point of this challenge is to get better together, and you have regardless of how smooth you got to on the trick. If we keep trying and learning new tricks, just buy getting better without completing the trick we would have all got better overall consistently learning new things.

Just watched the video for the new trick and it looks awesome.
I needed a good cool front mount trick.

3 Likes

I only have poorly framed kamikaze footage, so I’m not even going to bother posting it. Suffice to say, I’ve pretty much only thrown this trick all week. I’ve learned a ton about it, so I’ve followed the spirit of the trick challenge, I believe. I’m still pretty streaky on it, so it’s not quite consistent yet. Darn close, though. This week, I’m going to try to get a better setup for filming.

3 Likes

I was messing with this a little bit last night. Tough to smoothly move my hands in opposite directions. Definitely want to get this one smooth. Such a cool element you picked, never even heard of it before.

4 Likes

My brain sees it. My hands are like that thing kids do where you try to rub your belly while patting your head at the same time with opposite hands.

5 Likes

Same, especially when I do a similar element where I spin and wrap at the same time, but both my hands are going in a forward circle. So it’s really messing with my brain to move my other hand backwards.

4 Likes

Found another video if it’s helpful in anyway.

4 Likes

Oh thank gawd! haha I :heart: you guys!
I thought it was just me having a hard time getting my hands to corporate with my brain! lol :rofl:

I really think once it clicks though…it’s just going to be a really fun little trick! Simple, easy (once we “get it”) and really cool looking!
My goal for this week is to get it down, then go into a few pop’n’freshes :smiley:.

3 Likes

Yeah this one is harder than it looks, but I’ve pretty much got it. Mostly. Like when you do the belly head rub thing right then lose it all the sudden. I took a break and came back and it was starting to stick though; I wish I had had my phone setup to record. I’ll probably have lost it again by tomorrow :rofl:

3 Likes

lol I so see this happening like every single time we try to do it in front of someone!

Like…

“Hey look what I can do!!!”
#FAIL
'>.<

5 Likes

its like landing beff hook and then trying to show your friend and not hit it a single time

3 Likes

I might be actually retarded.

This is my best attempt so far.

Progress day 1

4 Likes

haha love it!
Especially the trick at the very end! Seems to be the only trick I can get consistently! :rofl:

4 Likes

I can’t seem to keep hitting my NTH with the yoyo when trying to do both at the same time

3 Likes

Lol, that was great.

2 Likes

I watched the first tutorial for the Sling @twitch77 posted and my brain was immediately thinking this is the trick that embarrasses me. It looks so simple, but, moving both hands in opposite directions?..yikes!

3 Likes

lol right after I posted the video…I started to worry that I’d posted too easy of a trick and was going to let some of you guys down because of it! lol…this one was deceiving because it looks SO easy!

2 Likes

It’s not just the opposite direction that kills you. One is moving faster in small circles, and the other slow and steady in a bigger circle.

Try just doing it with no strings or yoyo in empty air. I still can’t do it even without a yoyo.

But in the mean time I have been levelling up my skin the gerbil game. Although it doesn’t help with this weeks challenge.

Taken today at lunch break.

5 Likes

I thing would disappoint us @twitch77!
Other than your colourway choice but yeah you do you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

You know what man?
I’m taking a stand!

I’m SO not giving your post a ‘like’!

HA! THAT’LL SHOW YOU BRO!!!

3 Likes

Hey man, I’m REALLY starting to dig green. I’m getting at least THREE green(ish) throws between now and Christmas.

3 Likes