MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Nope!
We just pick them every week.
So please send us some and we might feature it :slight_smile:

But I do already have one in mind for my next pick :grin:

3 Likes

They can pick whatever they want, and I like your tutorials. So thatā€™d be cool.

2 Likes

where can i see your tutorials?

2 Likes

Sick. Let me list a couple of tutorials that I think would be benefitial for you right now:

• Hop Tower: This one is for those that just learned Kwijibo.
  • Triangle from Nowhere: This one is a little bit harder but still very simple.
  • Frontstyle Flow Combo #1: The hardest of the tuts i have for you. Even if you donā€™t performe the Ninja Vanish at the end, it is still a great trick to practice transitions.
8 Likes

Thank you @EOS44
I actually really enjoy watching your videos on Reddit.
So Iā€™ll def check these out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Todayā€™s progress.
Almost there I think. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

this boi is improving :slight_smile: :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks @PCaliyoyos, starting this trick a week is the third best yoyo decision I made recently.

first being entering a yoyo contest.
second being getting a SF Cadence ES :rofl:
Closely followed by starting this challenge for everyone and myself

5 Likes

iā€™d think the Cadence was first :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Ah I just did the whole thing without errors and pauses!
kind of wished I was filming.
Even if I canā€™t get a future attempt on camera, I am now happy to tick of this weekā€™s tricks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guys! I pulled off such an amazing Kamikaze today! It was SO smooth and everything felt so right!
I even added in a bunch of cool element in the beginning just to make it look cooler!

ā€¦then I woke up from the nap I was taking.
/sigh

5 Likes

Cadence ES? Whatā€™s that? Is it even any good?
I donā€™t recall you ever mentioning it before!

lol :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m kidding!

Holy heck dudeā€¦youā€™ve made some huge strides on this trick! Thatā€™s amazing man!!

Also, you mustā€™ve done something a bit different with your light today because your string is popping much better this go around!

Iā€™m so impressed with you man! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ohā€¦and @12:53 into the vidā€¦

Youā€™re getting SO close! lol :rofl:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome @EOS44 :smiley: Iā€™d love to work on some of your stuff! I look up to you so much!

Iā€™ve got this next weekā€™s trick all lined up already, but Iā€™m definently looking forward to using some of your tricks in the future!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah I used the SF Cadence ES :rofl:

Nah I just changed the angle of the light slightly so that it is pointed towards me at a more 30 degree angle instead of being perpendicular to the side of me.

If itā€™s front on I find itā€™s tiring for the eyes.

When I had it side in itā€™s easy on the eyes but my body and arms block the light and the string doesnā€™t pop.

And a slight angle it shines directly into the strings :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay got a semi decent attempt on camera plus a bit of freestyle just before.
Think Iā€™m happy with this weekā€™s trick and my progress.

@twitch77 time to drop the next trick!!! Letā€™s go!

4 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Behind the scenes in reality :joy:
Practice sessions on camera

2 Likes

Dude that was fantastic!

It has been so awesome watching you progress man! Youā€™re so good!! Holy heck bro!!

ā€¦
Gahā€¦Iā€™m feeling out of sorts today. I didnā€™t push nearly as hard as I was hoping I would this week. Made some progress, butā€¦yeah. I let myself down :(.
I havenā€™t even picked up a yo-yo yesterday or today. /grrrrā€¦I think Kamikaze is going to go into my back pocket for now. I got MUCH closer than Iā€™ve ever been with the trick this week. In factā€¦I actually completed the trick several times throughout the week! Not smoothlyā€¦but they were complete! So thatā€™s gotta count for somethingā€¦it also gives me confidence that as I continue to progress, this I will be able to nail and smooth this trick out.
Iā€™m just not there yet.
I feel sadā€¦but also okay. lol Itā€™s hard not to get frustrated you know?
I feel like Iā€™ve let myself downā€¦and I also feel like Iā€™m going to let you guys down (especially @MoonageMin) for not getting further on this trickā€¦or for not at least having a video up of some close attempts.
Itā€™s also hard for me not to compare myself to others. lol Iā€™m such a slow learnerā€¦but thatā€™s my own fault because I know full well I donā€™t push myself as hard as I should or could.

Oh wellā€¦this week has been fun none the less. Iā€™ve gotten MUCH better at Magic Drops, and though Iā€™ve been exhausted all week and havenā€™t put nearly as much time into this as Iā€™d of likedā€¦the times I have practiced have been enjoyable!

Iā€™m ready for this up coming week! The trick I have picked out looks like it shouldnā€™t be as much trouble as Kamikaze is for me.

Sorry if Iā€™ve let anyone down here :*(

4 Likes

TRICK-A-WEEK CHALLENGE WEEK #2

Okay :smiley:

So the trick I have picked for this week is a front style trick (hope itā€™s not too much for you Old Man (hehe) @ryanmcg)ā€¦
To me it looks SO neat!
It also looks pretty simple, but looks might be deceiving on this one!

Itā€™s called the Jason Lee Sling

5 Likes