Modman's string review!

Today i had received Modman’s strings and decided to put some hours of play into the string. HERE WE GO!

[center]String tested:

1. 100% Poly
  2. Poly/Nylon[/center]

[center]Yoyos used:

1. Northstar
  2. Al-la-mode[/center]

100% Poly

First impressions:
String felt a little stiff and light at first. It has that “needs to be broken in” feeling. I thought that due to its roughness that my hands would be red with string burn. So after observing it for a little bit i put it on my throws and went a throwin’

On a throw:
This string is LIGHT.I threw all the slacks and whips i knew with this string but the weight of the string could not take all of it. That being said, the strings could be heftier. Speed wise the string could take a regular flow with ease, but bump up the speed and you get burned(string burn). This string held tension really well! I was really surprised how long i could play without fixing tension. Overall the 100% Poly was a good performer.

Conclusion:
The 100% Poly is nice string. I would say it beats out the cheap bulk poly YYE sells. Though the string could be improved by adding some weight to it.string held tension really well! I was really surprised how long i could play without fixing tension. Overall the 100% Poly was a good performer.

Conclusion:
The 100% Poly is nice string. I would say it beats out the cheap bulk poly YYE sells. Though the string could be improved by adding some weight to it.

Poly/Nylon

First Impressions
I personally like Modman’s the Poly/Nylon. It had a nice, soft feeling to it. The string itself also looked really nice. I had a very good feeling on how these strings would preform.

On a throw
The string felt very nice on my hands. It could take all the slacks and whips i threw at it without any issues. Speed wise it could play slow and steady or as fast as you could take it. The string was heftier than the 100% poly, but it did not handle tension as well as the 100% poly. Don’t take that negatively though, it could still handle tension well. I had also noticed that the string did brake in rather quickly. Over all the Poly/Nylon was an impressive performer.

Conclusion:
I personally think that the Poly/Nylon was better than the 100% poly and YYE bulk. I would like yo see this string handle tension better, but other than that i think it is really nice string!

I would love to see feedback from you guys and gals.

Reviews coming soon:

1. Deadly Spins Pride proto
  2. YYF Genesis
  3. Some more small string companies( possibly Big Yoyo and Quick 13 String)

I’ve been enjoying the 100% poly. As the review says, it’s light. It’s also quite “bouncy” to start with, which some people will love (it adds a “floaty” feel) but which I felt needed just a touch of breaking in.

I love the relatively casual speed of the string; I don’t do any fast whips so I’m a fan of how it gives you a nice open flowing loop that aids visualization of where the string is going to hit and/or where the yoyo is going to land.

Overall, good string!

Wow thanks so much for the great review i will get some ready for sale soon!

I was going through some threads and noticed my company being mentioned here. Would you like me to send you out a sample pack and you can do a review of mine also.