Modern Responsive March 2024 - Week 1

Mine just came!

@rkalajian not sure if this affects you at all, but the company that ships your stuff out accidentally sent me 2 shirts and no butterfly stickers. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, I’m fine with no stickers and an extra shirt. Just don’t want it to impact you at all.

4 Likes

Stickers will come from Mr. Rob himself. Different shipment.

4 Likes

Good to know! I guess I have 2 MRM shirts now. That’s what we boomers call a quality problem.

5 Likes

Yup! Stickers come from me. I sent yours out First Class on Monday. You should have them soon. As for the shirts, their mistake doesn’t affect me, so enjoy!

5 Likes

Here’s the wonderful merch we’ve got for you so far!

We’ve got Modern Responsive Max…

…As well as two different t-shirt fronts, each with some awesome Higby artwork on the back!

Each tee is available in several different colors!

All profits from these sales go directly to the YYBC so we can keep doing cool stuff for y’all!

7 Likes

Im not in the yoyo boomers club yall just have good convos

8 Likes

You dont need to be in the Club to participate in this event. It is open to everyone!

Yoyo Boomers Club is just hosting this event.

Have fun.

5 Likes

Very excited i actually learned all the tricks!.. now to see if i can get them consistent enough and on video.

10 Likes

We’re back!

That’s my entry for this week. Good to dust off the Spinstar.

13 Likes

I just used my yyf one

Here’s my submission with all three tricks, please tell me if I messed up or if my submission doesn’t count :pleading_face::pray:

I’m excited to keep faf going!

13 Likes

I was wondering myself. That’s very sweet. :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Going to keep trying to get smoother but I’m really happy with the these challenges. Opened up my stall knowledge more then any other year. Thank you guys!
Sorry about the PJs, but i couldn’t help post this with my matching yoyo.

17 Likes

That seems a bit expensive :face_holding_back_tears:

Oh man oh man, Fixed Axle February then Modern Responsive March back to back? I’m in!

6 Likes

Quick tip: I’m not calling out any particular person but, flipper is split bottom mount>dismount>NON-THROW HAND planet hop.

I’m probably being nit picky, and it might not matter, but I wanted to throw it out there

Edit: I meant THROW HAND planet hop :rofl: just ignore me. I know nothing.

3 Likes

You were correct the first time. It is a Split Bottom Mount > dismount > non-throw hand Planet Hop > Split Bottom Mount.

The trick is a bit easier on the inside of your hands as you can sort of use the movement of both your hands to get the correct feel. Try it on the outside to really dial in the motion.

3 Likes

This video you posted in discord shows throw hand with a pinched string, no?

I found outside to be more comfortable…hah just interesting.

3 Likes

Doc Pop did flipper to the outside, and its linked in the original post. Id imagine its fine either way since that is the reference material.

3 Likes

Doc shows both ways iirc ? Idk I thought docpop was pretty chill about it and was like inside or outside or both bc you can alternate then I don’t know…

2 Likes