MK1yoyo CONTACT - New Colors!

The @MarkD Contact combines the tactile feel of the Umbra with the cup aesthetics of the Diffraction to make something familiar yet completely unique. It plays light and easy, the large diameter paired with the lightweight design gives it the perfect balance of power and agility. With big round rims, schmoove grooves, and pleasant resonating pinging sounds in play, the Contact is a standout design that will not disappoint!

Releasing Friday 7/30 @ 8PM EDT.

16 Likes

Quite nice!

2 Likes

The Contact is so good, and these colours are amazing. I’m seriously thinking of getting a second, so I can keep one responsive and one unresponsive.

6 Likes

I don’t know what is meant by this. The Umbra and the Contact could hardly be more different.

The contact is a super good.organic yoyo, though .

3 Likes

Thank you all for the support so far! It’s been a lot of fun picking new colors for this run, and it looks like they’re almost all gone already.

The first prototype had identical inertia and mass to the Umbra, and though the feel in play is different, there were some similar design goals.

4 Likes

I know you heard the word straight from the horses mouth (or Mark’s in this case), but I don’t really agree with this.

I own both and I can definitely see the similarities. Both feel big, and are extremely light. Combine that with large rounded rims, and a matte finish, and you’ve got two very different yoyos that share many characteristics as far as feel is concerned.

I absolutely love both.

@MarkD I am a part of another yo-yo company, but I do not hesitate to say, keep doing what you’re doing. I love it.

3 Likes

@Glenacius_K : FWIW, as a novice thrower, owner and fan of both the Umbra and recently the Contact, and someone who knows diddly about yo-yo design, I too was confused by that post. Not stirring the pot, just peeping into the wind I guess.

But yes, Mk1, keep up the great product, content and purchase options!

3 Likes

There’s certainly different ways to evaluate/approach a comparison between yoyos. Of course, they don’t play the same, or really feel the same, and they’re different, but the points of similarity are still important to me so I tend to focus on those.

Thank you for the nice comments about the Contact!

5 Likes

They are wonderful! Keep up the great work

1 Like