New release from MK! The UMBRA! 1/17 @ 8PM EST

From @MarkD : "This design owes a lot to the earlier “cubic” and ultra wide yoyos that paved the way - including the CLASHcube, Superwide, Atlas, Qubit, and 543.

I started working on this design in 2018 just after designing the Diffraction v1. There’s an allure to certain numbers and patterns that draw me in, and the concept of a cubic yo-yo (whose diameter and width were the same) was something that became a small obsession in the following months. I refined the profile very slowly, and finally with a yo-yo team to get feedback from, we settled on a final hub design and weight (61-62g!) and put it to the test with a set of prototypes. They were a joy to play with, and we’re excited to see how everyone likes the final version."

The lightweight design of the Umbra gives is a bouncy maneuverable feel in play and the extra wide profile will help land your most difficult tricks with ease!

Releases Friday 1/17 @ 8PM EST.

17 Likes

so much hype!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :star2:

3 Likes

Guys get one it’s so good

4 Likes

It’s one of the best yo-yos of all time. You need one.

4 Likes

time to start saving! :moneybag::moneybag:

2 Likes

Strong statement!

4 Likes

@MarkD any chance you have some raws sitting around? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That sure looks like a Winner.

Great looking design. Great looking colorway. And Great price point.

I am so use to buying yoyos that should be purchased using monthly payments😳.

That to see a yo-yo with a full purchase price of a monthly payment is very refreshing.

I bought one of the first Absurdity yoyos. It is exceptional.

I think it needs a friend. A Pink Fade Umbra looks like a superb choice.

:blush:

5 Likes

All the raw protos are with team members or were sold months ago. So they’re around but not really available.

4 Likes

Looks like the Qubit on steroids.

4 Likes

can’t wait to try this thing out when i go to a contest

4 Likes

Why wait when you can get one now? You’re going to end up buying one after you try it if there are any left to buy. :eyes:

5 Likes

It’s light like the Qubit but also completely different. I have both and could not let either leave my collection.

2 Likes

Bought one

9 Likes

Incredible yoyo. A few people have said it’s a lot like the 543, and I can tell you from plenty of experience with both, that’s only skin deep. Umbra isn’t as competition focused which is nice for a wide yoyo. It performs well for its weight class but it just feels oh so good.

Oh. So. Good.

You should definitely buy one.

5 Likes

You guys talked me into it…

6 Likes

Glad you brought this up. I had to pull out my 543 when I saw this thread. I really dig the 543 so maybe I’ll give this a go.

6 Likes

Thank you Jordan. You’re too kind. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Mark makes good yoyos and this holds true for the Umbra. Some pretty colors on this thing.

7 Likes

Thanks goog :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes