Mk1 Yoyos!

I like that color combo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I feel like half-swap fades are awesome and basically never done in the industry.

6 Likes

I think it only really works with subtle fades. Hard to get 4 different colors to look good together.

8 Likes

There’s a reason why; they don’t look all that crash-hot.

I wouldn’t put it past MonkeyFinger though…

5 Likes

Yeah having two halves that are each two separate colors is gross, and makes me question @codinghorror ‘s sense of yo-yo aesthetics

:wink:

5 Likes

y’all don’t even know what love is

4 Likes

Sound like you don’t… If you think it’s yoyo colours. Lol

5 Likes

Does anyone else feel the need to play some Bob Dylan whenever they see @MarkD or a Diffraction2?!?

15 Likes

Now that’s a great half-swap!

9 Likes

My friend Mark (I know, I know… same name) has excellent taste and will be my official representative at the World Yoyo Contest. He’ll be at the Boutique Yoyo Collective booth with a number of other very fine brands, and also milling around checking out the contest in general.

Give him a follow, and memorize his face so you can throw money at him in 2 weeks.

There will be a limited number of each color available at worlds!

9 Likes

Hey are you Mark? Mark said that Mark would be here selling Mark 1 yo-yos.

13 Likes

Why do you have to expose me, Garrett. :laughing:

5 Likes

I think it’s a pretty good idea actually. Easy to remember! If you ever sponsor players the main requirement should be “must be named Mark”. :joy:

10 Likes

After reading the recent comments, this is going to be a bit awkward leaving a positive review here now lol, but here goes…

The Diffraction 2 is 56 x 46 mm yo-yo, where I think this size and width has its own feeling and fits a niche and recent trend in 2018 and 2019. Being 2-4 mms wider than my usual throws, I felt like it could handle more and harder tricks, and I see why this width has gained success. It was as if the yo-yo was saying ‘bring on more’ knowing it’d be able to handle whatever you threw at it heh. 56 mm is my current preferred diameter too so control was pretty predictable for me.

Apart from learning everything about CAD yo-yo design and Fusion 360 from MarkD, I bought this yo-yo because of its slight-H/sigmoidal shape, 64 gram weight and 6 mm rim width.

It came nicely packaged in a plastic yo-yo container with a nice multi-coloured hand-knitted (??) bag, maybe inspired by someone’s leopard skin pillbox hat.

It is a fantastic and excellent yo-yo and you know it’ll be good when Mark talks about the Diffraction (1) as ‘having a moment of inertia of 14,360 gmm^2 and a rim weight quotient of 57.9%’ lol. Really happy this became a reality

13 Likes

Thanks for your support :green_heart:

The bag is made from yarn (probably acrylic) and I crocheted it myself. Every one of them is a bit different!

9 Likes

i still want a 3a pair of these

Money money money

3 Likes

This is one of the most flawless looking yoyos I’ve ever seen.

So much so that it looks like you’re holding a CAD render of it.

16 Likes

Thank you so much!

… are you sure you haven’t gone digital, and I actually sent you a CAD file in the post?

7 Likes

So if Glen has gone digital, does that mean his hand turned yo-yos are in fact CNC?

6 Likes

This is an excellent yoyo. The attention to detail is really high. I particularly like the tiny cuts under the rim, they catch the light so nicely.

The fade is the best I’ve seen. It transitions very smoothly from dark to light without the line through the middle that is on most fade ano yoyos.

The play is outstanding. It’s clear that it was designed to reduce as much string friction as possible. It’s also very comfortable to hold and catch. It’s stays on plane extremely well and has good string presence.

The packaging and extras that come with it are really great. Even a hand crocheted pouch made my Mark himself! So much love went into it all.

If you only had one yoyo and this was it, it would be all you need for 1A.

13 Likes