Mk1 Yoyos!

I love yellow plastic throws. You just cant get that color in metal!

6 Likes

Unicorn v2 is coming to an enchanted forest near you!

29 Likes

ohh man that splash. i dont need another unicorn but man that looks nice

2 Likes

Trying a new surface finish for this yoyo. Stone-washed.
It has a fun speckled look and hides any small dings you might add while throwing this yoyo around.

The two stock caps for the Unicorn this time around are the pointy Unicorn Caps, and the newly updated weight rings.

24 Likes

I want to touch the stone washed yoyo so bad

1 Like

Stone washed

Like Pyramatte stone washed?? :eyes:

2 Likes

It’s not as good as pyramatte. But it’s a similar process

Edit: Here’s a close-up

13 Likes

Very cool! I love when companies experiment with finishes!

2 Likes

I’d love to see this on more yoyos, blasts are so common its nice to see some experimentation

4 Likes

I was just thinking why don’t more companies do stonewashes! (Other than one drop ofc)

3 Likes

I want to talk about some of the new cap types in this run.

Most of the Unicorns come with a pointy cap; either the translucent polycarbonate, or these black POM caps, depending on the colorway. One of the colorways comes with the “witch hats”, which have a stepped design. This is purely for fun; they are the same for palm spins as the earlier pointy caps.

Replacing the stock flat caps this time around are these improved weight rings, which install and remove easily (with fingers, usually!) and are reversible - both sides are identical.

The witch caps, of course, go on this colorway, the UN-icorn:

There’s more inside, but at least it’s easy to get there this time around. I’ll post cup photos soon!

21 Likes

any more of those neat top caps coming along? the stepped design is neat but i still want that extra long spin top cap.

I have spin top caps, just not at retailers. I’ve wholesaled small parts before and honestly, it’s a ton of work that I’m not really prepared for - I don’t have retail packaging, etc for the loose caps.

10 Likes

what about retailers like YYE they have some listings for loose items, might be worth looking into that. lots of yoyos with caps this year.

Diving into yo-yo design with the Diffraction is impressive! From learning CAD to creating a unique yo-yo, your journey’s inspiring. It’s cool how you focused on every detail, making the Diffraction not just a toy, but a work of art. Big shoutout to everyone who helped make it happen.

4 Likes

Mk1 x Spinworthy Harbinger

Friday, March 8th at YoyoExpert. Four colorways. $60.00

The Harbinger is an MR85-bearinged metal yoyo intended for snappy responsive play + long spin. It has a rim-biased design, but is lightweight and comfortably rounded. As is the case for many metal yoyos I design, the largest challenge was the cup. Due to our desire to have a less expensive offering than the RBC, a capped design with a flat face was not possible. There were numerous iterations and discussions and drawings before Glen and I came to this version of the Harbinger. I’ve actually been sitting on these for months - the last few details of the production took a long while - but I’m still happy with everything about it. I hope you all enjoy it, too.

35 Likes

This is so awesome.

4 Likes

Now we wait for the feeding frenzy!!

3 Likes

Biting my tongue…

3 Likes

Can you share any details about that? These look amazing.

2 Likes