Mk1 Yoyos!

They’re all done with QC so I’ll be seeing these in the mail in a week or two, I think. After that I’m gonna scramble to figure out how to do a release of this size (60 yoyos).

It’s heartwarming seeing all of your support :heart:

I’ve been working on a 2nd design (you can sort of follow along w/ my design process over in Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures) but I want to make sure I can pull this thing off before I start making even more work for myself. Right now I feel like I have a handle on certain types of profile shapes, but the cup/inside of the rim is constantly a struggle.

I’m still working on a way to get my yo-yos to worlds. One of my friends will be there and he already has an original Diffraction, so I’m gonna make sure he has a Diffraction2 as well.

13 Likes

That’s awesome! I really want to try one of your designs.

2 Likes

Been busy folding up boxes and putting stickers on the plastic containers.

I ordered the wrong size ziplock bag to hold all the extra stickers, so I gotta wait for the bigger ones before doing what I am imagining is the most tedious part of this entire process.

The shiny triangle stickers turned out REALLY GOOD.

They aren’t as exciting as getting the yo-yos, but these still got me excited.

20 Likes

Those plastic cases are my favorites. I’m surprised not more companies use them. And you’re right, the triangle stickers are awesome

3 Likes

The purple fade looks sick (everyone always tells me I come too late), but count me in!

4 Likes

Like a fool I went in to work yesterday and missed the DHL shipment. Today I’m setting up camp in my house. Outside my house there are trees… and there always seems to be a yoyo in one of them. Not sure how they keep getting there.

Is the instagram preview thing broken for anyone else, by the way? Edit: seems to be an intermittent firefox problem

10 Likes

Spent last night testing. Almost through the lot.

11 Likes

They look so good.

4 Likes

The greens look REALLY good.

I’ve been working on getting the lot ready. Been having trouble getting the raws all cleaned up (they weren’t completely clean from the shop) but everything else looks really good. They’re going to be available on the 12th.

Make sure you’re following my instagram :arrow_down:

If anyone has any questions please let me know!!

11 Likes

How many are raw, and are they spoken for?

1 Like

I have 3 raw. One of them is for someone on Facebook, one of them has a little ding on the rim (I was going to keep that one), but the last one is available. They also all still have some machine oil/grease on them that I’m going to try to clean up this week. I’ve never polished or cleaned a raw yoyo before so I’ve been having a hell of a time with them, hah.

7 Likes

Use some windex as a degreaser. :wink:

5 Likes

I ended up getting a home yoyo polishing system setup with a corded power drill, various sandpapers, steel wools, and aluminum polish. Still have one left to do before tomorrow but the ones I did ended up nice :muscle:

Here’s the one I’m keeping to myself (cause I dinged it):
shiny

18 Likes

I feel like there should be more hype in this thread right now…

6 Likes

My mailbox is pretty hype! Actually, it’s too small to mail more than 1-2 things at a time.

9 Likes

As long as my parcel is one of those 1-2 things, that is all the hype we need. But really, hope you have a great release day!

7 Likes

:fire:

With the case, pouch also has dope stickers and maybe the highest quality string I’ve gotten with any throw. this is a really great value.

17 Likes

Pink purple fade is one of my favorite colorways.

It goes galaxy, pink purple fade, plain pink

4 Likes

Half of mine will look like that.

4 Likes

I’ve had mine almost two weeks now and absolutely love it

12 Likes