Mk1 Yoyos!

more Raw

3 Likes

:broken_heart::sob::sob:

I’m wishing all the best for you Mark! :smiley: Can’t wait to see how great these look in the pink/purple and the fade Jack picked!!

6 Likes

i can’t imagine no green :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah. Here are the final specs:

the wide yoyo the value of the specification
wide 55 mm
diameter 55 mm also
i can’t drive 55 mph
gap 4.5 mm
weight around 62 grams
14 Likes

Screenshot_2019-11-17%20Newer%20stuff%20for%20sale

:rofl:

7 Likes

by the way - if this yoyo is super popular and I need to order another run, the green/greenerer fade is definitely next.

The original idea for this yoyo was to have the weight at 55g also.

7 Likes

55g seems super light to me for something this big! I wonder what it’d play like.

Would it have even been possible to get it that light? This might possibly be a dumb question haha. Maybe there’s a bunch of throws that are this light? I don’t really pay attention to the weight when checking specs usually (I’m mainly concerned with diameter).

6 Likes

That’s funny, really the only spec I look at is the weight.

If it is too light I will almost certainly dislike it.

6 Likes

The current design (62g) already feels pretty light (despite its rim weight) because of the broad feel in the hand. I think 55g would have been too little for this design, and I’m glad I made the changes I did. Because of how the rim is flared out, a lot of the 62 grams is in efficient locations to add to the spin time and stability.

I already own a float (59.5g) which plays very nicely, and a Crucible (50g) which is punishing but still pretty usable and very unique.

This one definitely feels and is light. Not saying you should pass on it - but try one first if you ever get a chance.

6 Likes

To be clear Mark, I wasn’t specifically talking about your new throw. I was just speaking generally in response to twitch about on specification preferences. Reading my response it sounds like I’m trying to tell you how you need to please me.

Only one way to determine if I love it…

I’ll hop on I4 now, see you in about 2 hours to test it out.

6 Likes

Are you north or south of orlando? Sure is cold out, huh :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m more west than south… Plant City.

Has been fairly chilly, gave me motivation to finally dig up my old fire pit and build a safer and more aesthetically pleasing version.

I’m a very long term Floridian so this is cold to me.

7 Likes

I’m a Michigan transplant. I never liked the cold much, though. We roasted marshmallows this evening. Now that it’s dry out, I can maximize finger-grinds like never before!!

9 Likes

Any updates on the Converge?

5 Likes

Going to try to get them ready early next year. Been really busy with the wide yoyo (anxious to see how well it lands!), and my wife and I are expecting our 3rd child VERY soon.

13 Likes

That actually works perfectly for me. I can’t really justify spending much more this year outside of my planned Black Friday purchase and tbh there’s not a lot of stuff that calls to me right now but I keep coming back to ogle this yoyo.

9 Likes

Even if you only get the 10% discount, this black friday sale is the cheapest the Diffraction 2 has ever been. Only 8 of them left!

10 Likes

Big Congratulations!!

7 Likes

“chilly” for us Floridians is freezing

6 Likes

Thanks! Still waiting… any day now!

7 Likes