Mk1 Yoyos!

The only other really wide yoyos I’ve tried are the OPYOYOS 543 (54x54 mm) which I like quite a bit, and the Edge Monster, which I found meh. I personally like this 55x55 mm design a bit better than the 543, it’s got a bit of a similar feel to the Smashing Float, as if it were made wider (and a bit heavier). I’ve been playing it almost exclusively ever since I got the protos in the mail.

3 Likes

Only Yoyofactory and OPYOYOS are brave enough to make really wide yoyos.

Thanks Glen.

This is why I ended up making the pink/purple fade for the diffraction 2. It lets me cheat more colors in there.

This aqua color seems both good AND popular.

I have a couple raws (prototypes). They really are shiny and sparkly.

3 Likes

Last pink/purple one available here on YYE. This is actually the last one worldwide that doesn’t have an owner, one of 19, since one of them was broken out into half-swaps.

Watching these numbers tick down and seeing Diffractions show up in mailday and yoyo recommendation posts has been my wildest yo-yo dream! Thanks for all of your support.

23 Likes

Congrats man! Is the run almost sold out? Glad youre finding so much success!

7 Likes

I think half of the YYE stock has sold so far. I don’t have any personal stock left, so I’m sold out personally.

5 Likes

How many green and blues did you make all together @MarkD? Do you have any plans of making more in the future in the 3 current colorways?
I’m so happy I picked one of these things up!

3 Likes

19 blue, 20 green, 19 pink/purple, 3 raw. Getting more made always depends on demand. Other yoyos will likely have some of these fades, though.

7 Likes

Any plans for additional runs or colorways?

4 Likes

Not currently!

4 Likes

When I sponsored Jack I wasn’t expecting that my back-burner wide yoyo design would secretly become his favorite yoyo. I also wasn’t expecting him to drop such nice tricks every single week. This longer sequence is a delight.

11 Likes

Not anymore :wink:

10 Likes

:sweat_smile: maybe I shouldn’t have waited until Black Friday to nab the pink.

8 Likes

Sorry bud, it just looked so pretty.

10 Likes

No problem! I hope you enjoy your awesome buy!
I didn’t think it would stay in stock for two weeks more, but was hopeful hehe

7 Likes

I hope you love it!!!

10 Likes

I know who I’m complaining to if I don’t!

8 Likes

And you know who will buy it if you don’t :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Ordered production on these. Pink/purple will be returning, plus a new-ish fade that Jack picked out. No raw, no green this time. Very little changed from the proto CAD. We’re really happy with this one and I might even finish designing the logo soon so you can see what it’s called. The production model will be bead blasted and i can’t wait to try finer grinds on it.

This photo features a cool leather holder made by @shatterFX.

16 Likes

This looks so dope!

7 Likes

Is this the super wide one?

4 Likes