Mk1 Yoyos!

So i just order this new Diffraction. He has a lot of experience designing yoyos now and its the third version on an original design. It looks dialed in :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Mk1yoyos Dynames

Signature yoyo design of Max Choo

I am sharing this particular colorway and angle because it shows off the most distinctive feature of this yoyo, the sight lines, which are cut through the first layer of anodizing, and either raw aluminum (on some colorways) or re-anodized (as in this colorway). More info soon!

33 Likes

That’s different and I like it

2 Likes

THATS SICK !!! can’t wait to see more !!!

4 Likes

Is that name following the series of 00 Gundam named yo-yos?

Dynames is another Gundam from the 00 series.

6 Likes

Yes, and the exia idea came from the mind of the same player, Max

5 Likes

Mk1 Dynames specs:

• 7075 Aluminum
  • 55.8mm diameter
  • 48.1mm width
  • 64.0g
  • 8mm axle

Max and I started working on this design in November 2020, just about 2 years ago. The first month of design went through many changes as we ironed out the initial idea + sketch, followed by a long period of small tweaks and waiting for prototypes.

The final shape can best be described as a “rounded-out V” - the first section off of the response is an unbroken arc going all the way up to the shiny cut.

25 Likes

How do you keep the color off that silver area so perfectly?

2 Likes

It’s etched away with a tool after anodizing!

1 Like

I love it! I only wish it was 67g.

2 Likes

De Niro Cinema GIF

3 Likes

Dynames playthrough

18 Likes

Looks amazing! When is the release? And what price will it be?

1 Like

December 17th. $60 for almost all colorways – green will be $55.

It will be available here at YoyoExpert of course!

8 Likes

I made one of these for each of the colorways. Maybe I’ll post a trick for each one, too!

Tutorial for the first part of this trick is here: Mk1 Yoyos Tutorial: Tower Dropper - YouTube

19 Likes

sick trick dude!!

4 Likes

Here’s a special one just for the folks at YoyoExpert!

For YoyoExpert editions there’s a long history of different ways to accomplish the Red/Black/White colorway, and I’ve done a couple myself through Mk1, including black/red splash with white engraving, and black/red dip with silver rings (and white engraving). The Dynames offered a unique option in red anodized aluminum cuts, which contrast spectacularly with the matte black body.

@YoYoExpertEric got to see this in person at FL States! I think we share an enjoyment of wide rounded-looking yoyos.

This is by far my favorite Mk1 YYE edition so far. The “Evil André”* colorway!

* Evil André is not the actual colorway name

31 Likes

This look amazing guys, the Evil Andre colour literally killed me :laughing:

5 Likes

Dang, I want that. Hope there is a lot in this colorway

3 Likes

This yoyo not only looks bad@$$ but SLAYSSS!! Well done Max x Mark!! <3

6 Likes