Mk1 Yoyos!

Wow, what a great colorway! Black, silver, and red are my favorites to begin with, but the way that this combines black with a touch of red for contrast is splendid!

3 Likes

Darth André is the actual name

9 Likes

Could not put this yoyo down last night. I have a rule that if i get a knot, i swap yoyos as a way to play more variety. I broke that rule 3 times.

Another fantastic design @MarkD

8 Likes

Thank you! It was a lot of fun meeting you at FL States! I’ll get my follows down soon…
Can you update the store listing with “Darth André” as the official colorway name? :smiley:

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Here’s a teaser of the rest of the colorways:

15 Likes

Max made us a video :tada:

Here’s all the colors that YoyoExpert will have on Saturday!

19 Likes

Spyglass will be back soon. Four new colorways and a rerun of black +rainbow.

20 Likes

I think Darth Boulay flows better as a colorway name…

Darth Andre ….= 2 first names

Just sayin…

3 Likes

Actually Darth means “dark lord”. It’s more of a title than a name. Dark Lord André seems appropriate. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:pray:t2:

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

officially regret not buying a black rbc now lol

3 Likes

The Mk1 Spyglass was due for a 2nd run. Here’s the colorways.

Black+Rainbow
A favorite from the first run. Just needed more of the same.

Bluegreen Fade
Smooth and subtle gradient here. You could mistake it for a solid color in some lighting.

Purple+Gold
Very close to the purple+gold Converge from a couple years ago.

Midnight Festival
Not quite a first for Mk1, but speckle/acid wash is not something I do very often.

LowHP - EOS44 Edition
The only glossy finish Spyglass. There’s a little 44 in the cup, also! These colors were expertly chosen by @EOS44. This is the third LowHP colorway so far.

Coming January 27th to YoyoExpert!

23 Likes

Wow, those are some great-looking colorways! The Spyglass by itself is a really nice design that to me, at least, really stands out. But some of the new colorways really take it to the next level. Getting a second run of a yoyo that I really like doesn’t seem to happen very often, so now I’m psyched for the end of the month!

3 Likes

Low HP is great.

6 Likes

Every spyglass colorway in existence.

List of colors

Green, Bluegreen Fade, Midnight Festival
White+rainbow (proto and 1st run), Orange+black (prototype only), Pink+black, LowHP
Black+rainbow (1st and 2nd run), Darkmode, Blue+black (YYT), Laserfade, Purple+gold

22 Likes

Midnight festival looks fantastic!

4 Likes

I would honestly love to see the RBC in Midnight Festival if you ever did a 3rd run… OR the next MK1/SW collab. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I hadn’t written up a 2022 recap yet.

We sponsored 8 contests:

• Korea Post-Quarantine Yoyo Contest
  • European Yoyo Championship & CYC
  • UK Southern Regional Yo-Yo Contest
  • US National Yoyo Contest
  • Chesapeake Classic
  • Turkish National Yo-Yo Contest
  • Brazilian National Yo-Yo Contest
  • Florida State Yo-Yo Contest

This last one I was able to attend & vend in person. Lots of fun!

We released 3 entirely new models:

SLIVER - With Spiral, this was a tremendously fun & busy project where we drew on our shared love of MTG cards as a theme. Bonus points if you like slim yoyos.

SPYGLASS - I shared the entire development process of this yoyo on youtube. Here’s the finale: Mk1 Mechanics Part 9: Spyglass Release - YouTube
This yoyo combined a bunch of things from previous Mk1 releases (and in effect, other inspirational yoyos) into a sorta kinda compact package. I love how it looks!

DYNAMES - Our first true signature yoyo, for mk1 player Max Choo. He has a precision both in yoyoing and in design sense - people love the yoyos he’s had a hand in - the other being the Mk1 Exia. The cut lines in the profile is an infrequent design technique that turned out to look pretty good here. And ooooh the YYE edition was good.

…not a new model, but a refresh…

DIFFRACTION - The third revision of my first published design. Simply because I love it. All fades, just for me! I plan on exploring more yoyos with this shape in the future.

What’s next for Mk1? Here’s some hints at our plans this year.

I have lots, LOTS of prototypes both in hand and in queue. Lots of exciting ideas, but this is one of the slower parts of yoyo manufacturing these days. These include:

• Three collaboration designs, each with a different and very special feature
  • Some totally new signature yoyo designs
  • A hybrid!
  • A bimetal that is not a signature nor a collaboration
  • A yoyo that I teased a render of over 2 years ago on the mk1 instagram, which wouldn’t get out of my head, and I finally prototyped it and ordered production recently

There’s other stuff kicking around in my head that I simply haven’t had time to put attention to. I wonder what yoyos they may be?

Anyhow, how was your yoyo year?
What do you want to see from Mk1 in 2023, and considering lead times, 2024? :smile:

26 Likes

congratulations on a successful 2022, I’m really looking forward to seeing your your exciting 2023 plans come to fruition!

2 Likes

The green signature throw is SO incredible!

3 Likes

Keep turning out the good stuff. You’re killing it @MarkD !

3 Likes