Misleading description of the Dingo

M1.

EDIT: I love that last paragraph.

Yes. That’s the one I think was a real game changer, not the dingo. $40-$50 less than what most high end metals were selling for at the time, more of a conventional size than the dingo. The DV888 and Raptor seem like the top budget throws from high end companies, but the M1 created the category. It was/is a better entry level metal than the dingo. My opinion, of course.

Good, because that’s really the only point I chose to make.

I think it’s the difference between a ramp and stairs. The ramp starts you from square 1 and leads you up by doing basic things, like, say, returning the yoyo with a semblance of decency. The stairs start out dead flat and then slam straight up with a huge requirement for brand new players in order to just return the yoyo.

Listen, from a collecting standpoint, I /agree/ with you. A lot. There are multiple facets of the hobby, and one of them is collecting. I understand that and find it, for some, to be a very worthwhile endeavor.

The question that was introduced in this topic, however, was wether or not Dingos were right for /play/. The runaway tangent that arose between us was regarding the appropriateness of metals in general for people in their first few months of play. I’d still prefer to keep it in terms of play, however.

I don’t know, I just see it as a bit of a brick wall in the learning curve. S’pose it’s because I grew up on proyos and FAST 201s. See my stairs analogy and try to see my side of things.

With the increased pace of things, I just can’t help but think that as the requirements stack up, it’ll act on the contrary and prevent people from easily picking up yoyo play. I see examples of people both faring just fine and those who continue to struggle.

I constantly feel on my toes whenever I post after you, because you put words in my mouth and make the discussion too broad. I refuse to partake in discussion under those terms.

I apologize for being perhaps a bit too preemptive though. I do understand your stance, and a disregard to get involved does not mean a disregard for your views in of themselves. I hope this post elaborates more on my viewpoint.

that’s a nice load of BS imo. a “metal” shouldn’t be a criteria. unresponsiveness/shape/price should be.

take the maverick for example, a full metal and undersized. bad idea for what to buy after a month? lolnope! it comes tug-responsive and is perfect for learning to throw and it wont mess up your technique or anything, in fact, it will improve your throw.

oh, and it was my “babbys first yoyo” and i turned out to be just fine!

so no hating on getting a metal early or starting on one, hate on getting ridiculously advanced ones when you are not sure about your dedication to it.

I’d like to clarify that I made the mistake by assuming that we were talking about the vast majority of metals, with fixed gaps and slim response, tailored for unresponsive play. I have absolutely no issues with the metal options that come responsive.

I though it was the Dingo - was the M1 first? Thanks for the correction.

After following this thread from the start, I just ordered a Dingo today rofl