Minneapolis/St. Paul area throwers

I work at the Air Traffic store at the MOA, and we have a weekly skills night every Tuesday from 6-8. There’s usually not a ton of people in the store on Tuesdays, so it’s pretty mellow. We do a little bit of everything; kendama, diabolo, juggling, begleri, and of course, yoyos. I usually bring my small collection of mid-tier throws with me, and you’re welcome to try anything in my case. Plus we have demos you can try of most types of skill toys, if there’s something you’re interested in besides yoyos.
I’d love to meet local folks, and if midweek doesn’t work out for your schedule, I’m in the store most weekend afternoons and evenings as well. And for those that travel a bunch, the mall is a short train ride from the airport, so if you find yourself with a long break in between flights with nothing to do, feel free to drop in and take a look around.
If you feel like it, let me know if you plan on attending a Tuesday either here or in PMs, and I can make sure I’ll be there!

3 Likes

darn, that sounds fun. i’d go! if i weren’t 1,359 miles away. :slight_smile: :frowning:

2 Likes

I know right lol

2 Likes

I’ve been to Air traffic! I’m not from the area but I have family there.

2 Likes

why not visit some family… on a Tuesday?

2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Man when I lived in MN the scene was so great. Adrian Velez and jeffrey sparks are still in the area I believe

2 Likes

Yeah, Adrian stops by pretty often, but not usually for skills night. He was just in last week and showing off this crazy horizontal GT looking thing and some of his competition routine. He even took the time to teach me a new trick. I mean, I can’t actually do the trick, but I know how it all works, so that’s something.

1 Like

No skills nights for a while, I guess. I’ll post here once we’re back on!

2 Likes

I was curious about how the MoA would be handling this. Hopefully i’ll still see you guys for MWR!

3 Likes

When are skill nights going to be back open?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing it up, and we’re hoping to start them back up again soon. I believe that we’ll be switching to a different day of the week, but I’ll let everyone know here once we’ve decided. In the mean time, feel free to stop by and throw with us anytime!

are you going to be competing?