Miniature yoyo

i order a magicyoyo n8 but im also curious about the yyf heist, if anyone has both can you describe the heist compared to the n8? if it sounds promising i might buy one but i cant find any comparisons.

1 Like

Honestly they don’t compare. N8 is a nice yoyo but the Heist is amazing. N8 (i only played it twice) feels very solid almost heavy and id call it undersized, has a lot of power and is exactly what i expect from MYY great quality for $20.
Heist is an excellent performing mini yoyo with surprisingly good balance and power for something that small. I love my Heist and throw it on a regular basis.

3 Likes

The Heist is amazing if you can find one.

The Heist is radically smaller than the N8. The Heist is stainless steel.

4 Likes

wow that seems great for a pocket throw, i might order one of those for my next paycheck sense im loving the feel of my n8

1 Like

The heist is, in my opinion, the best undersized yoyo in the 40mm and under category, and I own a lot of small yoyos. It is much, much better than the N8. It somehow doesn’t feel like a brick in spite of it’s weight and size and is surprisingly stable. Even bimetal yoyos like the Rain City Skills Toonie can’t hold a candle to how stable the Heist is.

You should absolutely buy one if you can find one. I’m trying to buy another one myself.

3 Likes

@batracTheLooper is the master of mini yoyos! His recommendations led me to buy the Rain City Skills Toonie and I FREAKIN’ LOVE IT! It disappears in the pocket and somehow manages to handle a large variety of tricks!

If not for the Toonie, I was planning on getting a Heist. I’m sure either will be amazing

4 Likes

I tried a mighty flea years and years ago, it was awful. Then i got a Heist, this thing doesn’t even feel real, it can handle full combos without spinning out or going off plane.

3 Likes

Yeah the mighty flea is horrible. Novelty only

1 Like

Another vote for the Heist.

The smallest I go and still find enjoyment is 48mm. This is drastically smaller. And it is the only exception to the rule for me that I’ve found. It plays like a standard sized metal yoyo in such a small size. Pocket friendly? Oh yeah. To me, it’s the only answer right now to finding a miniature yoyo that slays with no learning curve necessary.

I got rid of mine out of necessity, but I plan on getting one again as I hate carrying a yoyo in my pocket unless I don’t know it’s there. This is perfect for that, and it’s stainless steel so who cares if your keys are in the same pocket?

My favorite two steel yoyos have both been from yoyofactory. This and the lowerKase. I can’t wait to see more @yyfben2.deactivated (shameless @ in hopes that it helps, lol)

4 Likes

The heist is sold out however, there is the mighty flea, mini panzer, and rain city toonie. there are many Miniature yoyos on the market but idk if they are going to do a second run of the heist.

The Flea is awesome. I only take it out of my pocket in Fixed Axel February. But, it does take a commitment to get over the frustration of it. One thing I love about the Flea is that the short string allows you to play in tight places, like waiting in line.

I didn’t buy the Heist because I already had the Litte Evil 2, and it looked almost identical to it. I even made a joke when it came out that that was why they called it the Heist. I never played the Little Evil much and sold it. Of course, after I sold it, I played it one more time before shipping it off and suddenly regretted it. I think I played the Heist at a meetup and was impressed with it.

I agree the Heist is way more capable and easy to play than the Flea, and I’m not recommending the Flea over it. I just felt the need to stick up for the Flea. If you stick with it, it’s a very rewarding yoyo. If I had to reduce my collection to 10 yoyos or so, it would be one I’d keep.

The Big Deal, now that’s a different story…

5 Likes