Milwaukee/South East WI Yo-Yo club

Does anyone know of a yoyo club in the Milwaukee area or even South East WI/North Eeast IL area? If not would anyone be interested in one? I am on my way home from the National Yoyo Contest and it was so nice to be able to be around other Yoyo’rs. I’d love to keep that going some how.

2 Likes

I know of nothing here. I live in Milwaukee. I would be interested in checking something out.

2 Likes

That’s great, I live in Elkorn. If we can get a few more people, I could ask my Dad to help me set something up.

Sounds like a plan.

Yo the Chicago Yoyo club meets like halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago! It’s in libertyville over the summer. We have like 3-5 ppl that come down from Milwaukee. Next meet is July 7th. We usually stick to the first Sunday of every month and we might not have club in august bc of the wyyc. Let me know if you’re interested and I can send you an invite to our discord server and here’s the link to our Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/chicagoyoyo_?igsh=MWxmem1lOTIwejc1aA==

5 Likes

Just wanted to say this one is legit. Only went to one because its a drive and usually had on call yet it is the closest. I may of saw something of a yoyo club once existing in Madison, yet may of been a victim of covid or my imagination.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m definately going to check it out.

1 Like

Thanks, do I just show up?

1 Like

Yep! Around 2 ish and some people roll in a bit after that. We have been playing outside the library in the summer. There are picnic tables for us to set our gear on and then when just play Yoyo and talk yoyos for a while, it’s super fun!

1 Like

I’m going to be there today, how can I find you?

3 Likes

Nice! We will be out front and you’ll probably just see us throwing yo-yos. It’s like, if you were to walk out of the libraries main entrance with the pillars, we would be straight and left. Like look towards 10 o’clock if you walk out of the main entrance. I’ll be there by 2 for sure but most ppl will probably show up a bit late. See you then!

1 Like

What happens if it rains?

1 Like

You don’t want to know! lol

1 Like

There is like an area under cover near the library we can move to but I think we should be okay. If it does rain, it’s supposed to be like spotty drizzling and not like a huge downpour but we’ll see. Fingers crossed! It hasn’t happened yet so we’ll kind of have to figure it out but we have options. I’ll post here with updates so everyone can find us if it does happen to rain before the start

1 Like

Okay so I just parked and I’m going to walk over as soon as I get off my phone. It looks like it did rain a little but the sky’s are clear. I’m going to just set up outside where we usually set up. Also just a heads up—there is some kind of dog festival here today lol kind of cool! I love dogs hah!