Michigan retro contest (thought in progress)

First off, I live in the northern lower peninsula and contests are scarce around here… There isn’t even a Michigan state contest… The closest reasonable contest for me to go to would be the mid west classic and that’s it… So I figure why not create a contest in Lansing area and call it the Michigan retro contest… It would have all the stuff a normal contest would have, but also add another division for those who are unaware of how far yoyos can go… This would be people competing with responsive yoyos doing normal tricks but would be an effort to ‘advertise’ yoyoing to more people… It’s a thought in progress and I know nothing about running a contest or funding it but I think it will attract attention to yoyoing…

So tell me your suggestions or thoughts or if I rethought an idea already out there…

I think that it would be more beneficial to build up a solid yoyo community first before we even start making contests.

Did you have any ideas on how to build up the community??? Pretty much all I can do is perform in public and that hasn’t sparked any competition…

We need more people in the area, simple as that.

We need to try to find and contact everyone we can in the general michigan area.

Michigan’s contest (and state champs) are based on Mid East Regional, which is in Plymouth MI every year… Contests are great and all, but seems like just a meetup would be just as fun, and easier to organize.
Example: hey everyone, lets meet at the barns and noble at noon on this sat /example

I thought mid east regionals was at the mall of america, and a competition would give me an excuse to travel down there… I live near traverse…

That would be another contest… MAR or some such

in october there is a MA state yoyo contest and in november there are the tenneesee and illinois state contests. im going to those and i live in north carolina. maby it might be too far for you but its just a suggestion.

Im from MIchigan. I’ll help however I can. with any of thing. Im sick of throwing alone

same here!!