MFD Tri-B?

Hi everyone

I am curious if anyone has an opinion on the Tri-B. I have seen the review of the A5 variant by HSYY, but I am curious about the regular version.

How is the play and stability? How are you liking it?

I’ve used this yoyo on 2 occasions, and I think you will be happy with both the stability and spin time of the yoyo. I feel it’s trick to handle on the strings, but after I got a feel for the speed, it was a dream yoyo. I would recommend this yoyo to ANY advanced players, for it’s tremendous ability to maneuver yet keeping a high velocity of spin.

Love it, one of my favorite MFD yo-yos.

I did a review on it for High Speed YoYo.

Indeed you did, and in fact I actually started the thread by stating that myself, sans the link :smiley:

But regardless, your review is one of the reasons that I have now already ordered one, albeit the 6061. I am very excited to see what they do with the custom ano.

This is why friends don’t let friends post when extremely tired and just getting home from work. ;D

I look forward to seeing your thoughts and more specifically pics of your custom ano job.

Yes I am pretty excited to see what they come up with, although I went with a simpler colourway splash scheme rather than a more complicated theme such as your really cool Tron theme :slight_smile:

It is funny, though, how it all worked out. I had read your review back when you first posted it and at the time I didn’t really feel any pull towards the Tri-B. But a couple of weeks ago I was humming and hawing over one of the more recent YYE restocks and trying to decide if I should pull the trigger. The issue was that the particular yo-yo (which shall remain nameless) was too similar to stuff I already had, and the colourways weren’t doing it for me. In the midst of my waffling, my wife piped up and said something to the effect of “well perhaps you should only get similar yo-yos if the colours really speak to you.” After considering her comment, it occurred to me that perhaps I should consider getting exactly what I want in a colourway with the Tri-B.

Anyway, that was a long way of saying thanks for the Tri-B review and talking about the custom anodization from MFD. If not for it I wouldn’t have even known they did that :smiley:

I had thought about trying the A5 as well, but my recent flirting with the lighter side of yo-yos has gotten me intrigued by what they can do, and I also have a number of heavier throws already. I am looking forward to trying it!