MFD 2evil response question?

My yoyo keeps coming back when I don’t want to because pads are too grabby….My monkey snot went bad and all I have is clyw snow tires that fit… is there any alternative that’s less grabby in that size (not 19 mm)? Or is there any way to quickly where the pad down? Thanks guys

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s the pads?
9/10 times that’s happened to me on any modern yoyo, I’ve had to replace/clean the bearing.

1 Like

The pads stick out from the response by like a mm and it only happens on finger spin throws where the yo is slightly angled enough to catch pad. I wish it was the bearing but it’s the pads… Is there any way to get this size in a different brand? Thanks!

1 Like

Oofta, that’s a bummer!
You said the MFD 2 Evil, right?
I took mine out, and it looks like it’s just regular 19mm slim pads. So any 19mm pads would fit diameter-wise. You’d have to try some different ones to test the width, of course. I didn’t want to dig out the monkey snot on mine to check that.

YYF has a variety pack with different types, that might be a good option to let you try several different kinds until you find one you like.

I like the G2 pads quite a bit, but I’ve never tried them in an MFD.

You could also trim these down, using a sharp utility knife. I’d suggest pulling them out carefully and putting them in a different yoyo you wouldn’t mind scraping up. And unfortunately that could mess up the stickiness, and make it hard or impossible to stick back in.

I’ve never tried this myself, so I don’t know that I’d suggest that unless you don’t have any other option, but if the yoyo isn’t really playable right now anyway, there’s less risk, I suppose.

2 Likes

if snow tires fit, RSO has some Landing Pads that will fit.

2 Likes

I second the landing pads. I had a CLYW arctic circle that has a tiny gap width. I swapped with the RSO landing pads and theyre much much more flush than the snow tires. I have to earn the bind a little more as it’s much slippier now but I prefer it that way :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help guys. Def gonna try RSO pads… It didn’t seem like what I had labeled as 19mm fit seemed like a tiny bit of gap so never stuck 19s in