Metal Zero Too Unresponsive

So I bought the Metal Zero, I kinda wish I would’ve gotten a DM or something else, but I’ll make the best of it.

Anyway, I wore out the friction stickers that came packaged with it the first day, I knew they would wear out quick so I also ordered 2 dif pads when i ordered the yoyo.

I have both Dif Pads on, and I still have to do a bind every time to make it come back. I like having enough response so I don’t have to do a bind. Any tips? Which pads would be better?

ps I have the shorter spacers on as well.

TIP: lube the bearing for more response.

TIP: Duncan sili pads will be more responsive.

ok. Do the sili pads wear out as fast as the friction stickers do?

No - sili pads last quite long. I’ve had them in one of my regular players for almost a year.
If you get them, try using just one first.

Also don’t ignore lubing the bearing if you want response. You may find that a lubed bearing and the dif pads do what you need.

1 Like

alrighty.

grrrr…spending more money to get this yoyo how i like it.

Just try some 3-in-1 oil w/the dif pads. Not much cost involved.

“and I still have to do a bind every time to make it come back”

YES! That is the way you want it to be. (IMHO)

It’s all preference (IMHO) :wink:

True. I always maintain some of my yo-yos responsive. No matter how experienced you get, there’s still nothing quite as cool as a flyaway dismount. ;D
@clarklizard23 - Most advise you get here will assume you want an unresponsive yoyo. (just so you know). Do you live near any other yo-yoers? Duncan sili stickers fit almost all Duncans, and some other yo-yos, so someone might be able to loan you a couple.

Have Fun,
Java