Mayfield, KY unfortunately the next Joplin

Reports are that 50 are confirmed dead and that number is likely to jump to 70-100. My best friend’s wife lost her stepmom.

It touched down about 5 minutes from us, grateful to be spared. Lived in Mayfield for many years, glad we moved about 30 mins down the road, but absolutely hate it for the community. Old house was in the pathway over by the courthouse.

I imagine in the coming days you’ll see charity things posted for them. If you have it, please help them. If you believe, pray for them. If you’re nearby and they ask for help and you got the time, please help them out.

Mayfield was not the only town impacted, the tornadoes ripped through multiple states so my heart goes out to everyone and hope none of you have been impacted.

20 Likes

Bowling Green also got hit. Not as many deaths but a lot of damage. I hear Dawson Springs was leveled. I live in SE Kentucky but we have a farm in Levingston County (extreme Western Kentucky just North of Paducah) and am frequently there. A lot of deaths, but the one that really bothers me is the WKU college student that was scheduled to graduate this weekend.

5 Likes

I just viewed the photos. The devastation is horrific. I’m praying for the survivors. That tornado alley scares me. And I’m not afraid of anything that bleeds.

5 Likes

We’re supposed to get to almost 70 next Wednesday where I’m at. Anytime that happens this time of year I always worry about tornados. Couple years ago we had a bad one close by.

The Amazon facility in southern IL got hit as well. Think I heard over 30 tornados last night :disappointed:

2 Likes