Mastering tricks

Usually, when learning tricks, how do you guys define “mastering” a trick? I mean, how do you know whether you have really “mastered” a trick?

usually its when you can constantly hit it and its really fluent when your doing it. most of all you know youve mastered it when you teach someone else.

i think it’s a silly word.
i don’t think i’ve mastered any tricks.
mostly i just try not to butcher them too badly.

mastery puts you in charge. to me, the trick and the throw are in charge. they dictate the terms and i just follow along as i can. there are a few tricks that i feel like i can do ‘right’, meaning i can express what i see as the trick’s ‘spirit’ without putting myself in the way.

Yeah - I never really “master” any of my tricks. If I really want to smooth them out, or get better at them (which I suppose you can consider master :P) I usually use a yoyo with a small gap or lesser spin time. Lately, I’m using my DM for mastering, but I plan on using a FHZ soon, which might be too good for mastering.

Exactly, lets say you’re useing a 888 and you learn And Whut, so you got it down good, so you move to a Hitman stock and you get down on that good, then you move to a stock FHZ and you get down on that smooth, you Mastered it.

I agree. I think you know you can really do it if you can teach it to someone else.

I think that theory is well… stupid. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean seriously, who’s to say Yuuki hasn’t mastered an extremely hard trick JUST because he can’t teach it to a random person?

not saying its the only thing that can tell you if youve mastered it. its just one of the things that tell you youve mastered it.

I think that theory is well… stupid. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean seriously, who’s to say Yuuki hasn’t mastered an extremely hard trick JUST because he can’t teach it to a random person?
[/quote]
I agree some tricks are to complex to teach someone. 45 degree angle tricks the yoyo has to constantly move or it will stop and twist, so you couldn’t teack someone those tricks.

I agree some tricks are to complex to teach someone. 45 degree angle tricks the yoyo has to constantly move or it will stop and twist, so you couldn’t teack someone those tricks.
[/quote]
well you just tought me somethin about it :wink:
anyways did you read my last post or not?

[/quote]
[/quote]
I read it but, just because you can teach a trick to someone a trick doesn’t mean you mastered it, i could teach you yuki slacks but i can’t do them, and also I can’t teach tricks i have mastered.

[/quote]
I read it but, just because you can teach a trick to someone a trick doesn’t mean you mastered it, i could teach you yuki slacks but i can’t do them, and also I can’t teach tricks i have mastered.
[/quote]
well you really shouldnt teach if you havent ever performed the trick. :wink:

I know but teaching a trick doesn’t mean you mastered it, and mastering a trick doesn’t mean you can teach it.
lol i think i confused myself

you think we could just end this here? This isnt the most entertaining thing t do on friday night

Yeah good idea