Markmont Classic SE's

Okay guys, so I just ordered an MC, in team green. I like the idea of brass domes, but cant find any. So before I go buying up whatever I can, I thought I’d ask y’all fine folks which SE’s you prefer on your MC. Thanks

1 Like

I believe the MC always comes with both kinds of side effects? That is you get what is in it plus brass domes? That is what I remember, can anyone confirm?

1 Like

It looks like this latest run might just have Ultra Lights, which is why it is at that price point. I like playing mine with Ultra Lights a little more spring in its step I feel.

3 Likes

Yep, new ones just come with a pair of ultra lights

3 Likes

Confirming just ultralights in my new purple MMC. I prefer that setup over the brass I have in my other MMC. I like the float it gives. Kept the ultralights AND the flat bearing in mine and I’m loving the setup.

Also the Pyramatte finish on these new ones is awesome!

3 Likes

Spikes, ULs, or Aluminum MCs.

1 Like

I could probably just drill a hole through a pair of brass domes and they’ll basically be brass MMC SEs.

2 Likes

I got mine back in 2015 or 2016 from here and only got brass MMC ones. Was it supposed to come with 2?

It is possible I am misremembering!

“First run comes with brass side effects installed and extra aluminum side effects” maybe mine wasn’t a first run. I got a deep space colorway

2 Likes

I like to color-match the SEs to the yoyo whenever possible. That’s why I have a set of blue lego SEs on my MC; they were the only blue SEs I could get.

1 Like

No you are correct. All previous runs came with two sets of Markmont SEs. This run has a lower price and ships with Ultra Lights only.

8 Likes

Ok thanks. Being a One Drop Associate, what do you suggest as the primo SE’s for a MC?

It’s always personal preference. For this latest run, Mark chose Ultra Lights so I’d go with him on this :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the insightful opinion.

You don’t have any of the new purple MC’s sitting in a back room somewhere, do you? I could really use one…

Or a copper Deep State, lol

No sorry all of them went YYE.

2 Likes

Okay sure, I’ll chime in.

I like mine with al flats. Brass Markmont domes are also alright, they make it a little heavier and classic feeling.

I absolutely was not a fan of ultra lights in mine. Took all the soul and punch out of it.

3 Likes

Aluminum flats, thanks man :+1: